joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Mt. Holly drop the WSW in areas north of Philly?  Seems like 4-6" might be the best estimate at this point north of the Mason-Dixon.

Storm had great potential just 36 hours ago.  Shame, but I guess you can't win 'em all.

No, 4-6 is warning criteria. GFS GGEM RGEM Ukie and Euro all show 5 - 10 from southern Middlesex on south. The 10 15" amounts 36 hours ago we're never going to verify anyway.

Here's the Canadian. Hope this doesn't get deleted like the RUC I posted, how does arguing stay but model pics get deleted?

Sent from my iPhone

My guess is somebody hit a report button, which is a low move. Heres the RUC again: https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/s720x720/1380143_656101091114023_1679821869_n.png

6z NAM ticked north 20-30 miles, has a slightly better precip orientation (not as flat e to w) and is generally similar to 0Z EURO and 6z RGEM with precip fields and gradients.  6z GFS ticked a bit south and keeps the 0.5" line just above PHL.  6z NAM had the PV as a whole a bit north compared to 0z and the lobe pressing down on the area pinwheeled quicker, plus the vort is more consolidated than the GFS which allowed slightly higher heights ahead of it and more breathing room for the precip field north.  Enough time for a subtle bump north to make more of the board happy, one can hope.  PHL south appears to be in for a treat at the least, hoping ABE gets some more love on the 12z.

That arctic hp is really going to be dry on the north side of the precip shield leading many in the LHV to jump from bridges tomorrow. The north trend just never happened with this one. That dry air is going to cause quite the gradient.

Were at the range where the north trend begins...Philly could still do well. 

probably not this go sround

Agreed it is probably a long shot, but models are never perfect, the 6z run before the lions-eagles game, all of the models had like .1-.2 total precip for Philly, we know what happened....In my lifetime, I'd say 75% of the storms, there is always 2 good ticks north before a storm. I'm not talking about giant shifts or anything, but I think the first batch could over perform, and if we get that 2nd in to our area, enough to clip it, we could see 4-8" totals....Honestly, a week ago if someone told you we'd get 4-8" you'd lock that up in a heart beat ralphy. 

Archived