Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really have no idea of the difference between interpreting a model run and a forecast.

forecasts are way over what is being modeled as far as qpf AND the fact that qpf is not all snow and for some of the event light and not accumulating

So are you telling me you were just interpreting the model? If so, you were interpreting it poorly. If not, then what is YOUR forecast?

Lots of negativity. In the grand scheme of things, does 3-4 inches of snow really provide that MUCH less enjoyment than say 8 or 9 inches?

You track it, it falls, it whitens the ground, you shovel it off and move on. Its just a bit less to shovel. It might not look quite as deep. God forbid.

Cheer up. Its March. We had a great winter.

Lots of negativity. In the grand scheme of things, does 3-4 inches of snow really provide that MUCH less enjoyment than say 8 or 9 inches?

You track it, it falls, it whitens the ground, you shovel it off and move on. Its just a bit less to shovel. It might not look quite as deep. God forbid.

I think most on this board would be very happy with 3 or 4 inches lol. I agree though, there's no use bickering over a few inches, it's just depressing to think what this storm could have been. What an amazing turn of events from 24 hours ago!

forecasts are way over what is being modeled as far as qpf AND the fact that qpf is not all snow and for some of the event light and not accumulating

So are you telling me you were just interpreting the model? If so, you were interpreting it poorly. If not, then what is YOUR forecast?

So your saying forecasts should be based merely on model output?

So your saying forecasts should be based merely on model output?

No it should be used as a tool. This was always an overrunning event and the high totals I always thought were over the top. I also can clearly see that the rates are going to be very low and light snow (regardless of time of day) will have a tough time accumulating in the city.

I think the issue is days ago this looked like a major hit for the forum area and then the trend went south. I think forum members disappointment is validated. A 4" snow fall on it's own is not disappointing, but the potential of getting 8" or more and then reduced to 4", how could you not be bummed.

I think the issue is days ago this looked like a major hit for the forum area and then the trend went south. I think forum members disappointment is validated. A 4" snow fall on it's own is not disappointing, but the potential of getting 8" or more and then reduced to 4", how could you not be bummed.

I think we knew there were a lot of potential hiccups with this storm....many mets warned that the PV could be stronger than modeled, and lead to a more suppressed solution.   Speaking for myself, I get frustrated when people cry bust before the event is done.  We've known for a few days now that the real action would be with the 2nd wave.  (not saying you did this)

I think we knew there were a lot of potential hiccups with this storm....many mets warned that the PV could be stronger than modeled, and lead to a more suppressed solution. Speaking for myself, I get frustrated when people cry bust before the event is done. We've known for a few days now that the real action would be with the 2nd wave.

The irony of all of this is expectations were based off models(not everyone's) and now the told you so crowd is using models to support their argument. Arm chair quarterbacking at it's best...

The irony of all of this is expectations were based off models(not everyone's) and now the told you so crowd is using models to support their argument. Arm chair quarterbacking at it's best...

I certainly hope u r not talking about me. Go back and look at my posts. They have never been bullish. This storm was modeled as a two wave system days ago with low rates for a long duration. It was only ever modeled as a large foot + event for a short period. Assuming overrunning storm was going to produce those types of rates was not very wise imo

Archived