Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of the December 8, 2013 system with a death band. One will likely setup shop somewhere with this waa/overunning system. If you look at a current radar you can see some banding forming down near Dover. I'm wondering if that's the jackpot zone tonight across the Delaware Bay into Cape May.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=pan&prevzoom=zoom&num=6&frame=0&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=DIX&type=N0R&showstorms=0&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=1.000&centerx=400&centery=240&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0&MR=1

You aren't reading the models wrong "TOM"   The radar returns will continue to fill in.  I was praying for a march bust, but I still see a significant snowfall from Wilmington, DE through a line to slightly above Atlantic City, NJ.    I'm new on the site, but have said this from 2 days out.   The Quant. Prec. will conceivably override enough to lay out a nice dumping over SE Jersey.   I moved from SW Salem County, so I'm still getting use to BARNEGAT, NJ being called "SOUTH JERZ"   I consider this central....but who knows....   People will do better than expected....

How accurate is this model? Seems very good here. 0.70-0.80 QPF here. This would be an 6-12 storm.

It's decent but the HRRR is better, and that shows less precip. I'd go with 3-6 for you, 6-12 is really pushing it, I think you'll have to go close to the Delaware Bay to see those totals.

GFS is definitely, absolutely, and unequivocably a bit south.  All-around compared to 18Z, mainly Philly north compared to 12Z.

Yes but the RAP nowcasting model has been looking better and better with each run. At this point I'd rather have the RAP NORTH AND GFS SOUTH RATHER THAN RAP SOUTH AND GFS NORTH.

Archived