joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all very accomplished professionals or longtime weather observers.

Chesco woman, your calling me a model hugger is like calling Joe Bastardi humble. I hate the models.

I would sponsor an event that pits the models against dartboards with different outcomes, pertinent to the situation.

I'd bet the dart board wins.

When I joined the old Eastern Forums, while on my 14 year tour in NYC, I saw a 15 inch snowstorm stop dead in it's tracks within 30 miles of New York. That dome of cold is death to any other low pressure system, coastal or other. Just look up old radar from Feb. 6th, 2010.

People might not want to believe it, but the Polar Vortex isn't weather lore, but science fact, as is it's effect on suppression.

If I'm wrong, enjoy the weather, as it's the only weather you got :santa: .

P.S. KUDOS TO HIGHZENBERG, AS HIS MAP LOOKS LIKE EXACTLY WHAT WE'LL SEE, AND IS EERILY SIMILAR TO MOUNT HOLLY, BEFORE IT WAS ISSUED THERE.

I didn't look at the 18Z GFS much, but the 0Z is still drier/further south than the 12Z was.  Has about a half inch LE that falls as snow at TTN.  With ratios maybe that could be 6 or 7 inches (ratios will go up as the event progresses, from near or sub 10:1 to probably on the order of 15:1, maybe higher).

I didn't look at the 18Z GFS much, but the 0Z is still drier/further south than the 12Z was.  Has about a half inch LE that falls as snow at TTN.  With ratios maybe that could be 6 or 7 inches (ratios will go up as the event progresses, from near or sub 10:1 to probably on the order of 15:1, maybe higher).

Its a tick north of 18Z. 

Seriously mook no one cares about your tour of nyc or your dartboard theory. Chesco is a pretty well liked member around here and I don't understand why u chose to call him out and now your calling him chesco woman? I thought you were so verbally gifted that you would destroy any of us on here with your wit and quick tongue and thats what you resort to. I've been a long time lurker on this board since its eastern days and really just started posting this season and I've never had a poster on this board annoy me to the point which your posts do. Take your nonsense somewhere else man try the NY forum since those are your people maybe your arrogance and cocky attitude will go over better there.

Seriously mook no one cares about your tour of nyc or your dartboard theory. Chesco is a pretty well liked member around here and I don't understand why u chose to call him out and now your calling him chesco woman? I thought you were so verbally gifted that you would destroy any of us on here with your wit and quick tongue and thats what you resort to. I've been a long time lurker on this board since its eastern days and really just started posting this season and I've never had a poster on this board annoy me to the point which your posts do. Take your nonsense somewhere else man try the NY forum since those are your people maybe your arrogance and cocky attitude will go over better there.

Ditto!!!

Thank you Matt...no time or patience for that nonsense!

Take your trash back to where you came from

I came from CC Philadelphia, so I came full circle, passing through NYC professionally and related events I experienced there.

Trash?????? A very classy response, one which reflects more on the person making the statement, than his target.

+1

You are all very accomplished professionals or longtime weather observers.

Chesco woman, your calling me a model hugger is like calling Joe Bastardi humble. I hate the models.

I would sponsor an event that pits the models against dartboards with different outcomes, pertinent to the situation.

I'd bet the dart board wins.

When I joined the old Eastern Forums, while on my 14 year tour in NYC, I saw a 15 inch snowstorm stop dead in it's tracks within 30 miles of New York. That dome of cold is death to any other low pressure system, coastal or other. Just look up old radar from Feb. 6th, 2010.

People might not want to believe it, but the Polar Vortex isn't weather lore, but science fact, as is it's effect on suppression.

If I'm wrong, enjoy the weather, as it's the only weather you got :santa: .

P.S. KUDOS TO HIGHZENBERG, AS HIS MAP LOOKS LIKE EXACTLY WHAT WE'LL SEE, AND IS EERILY SIMILAR TO MOUNT HOLLY, BEFORE IT WAS ISSUED THERE.

Uh, you are calling him Chesco woman?  Dude.. grow up please.  ChescoWxman is probably one of the best, most consistent posters on here.  He is a great contributor.  Please take your silly attitude elsewhere.

I will not fall to the knee jerk reactions of those with no idea of a few simple facts:

1. I don't know anyone's name so well, but for highzenberg, and the mets. Any mistake was unintentional.

2. I don't call out anyone, and will not now.

3. These piling on posts foment dissension.

4. To argue all guidance, NOAA, and observations ( the players can all be sampled now ) is wrong because of something called WXIM, is, not enough proof of an outcome predicted .

5. I am neither cocky or arrogant, but have confidence within my profession, which isn't meteorology.

6. I've never run from bullies.

You are arrogant and condescending.

NO ONE CARES!!! Use all the fancy verbiage you'd like you called out chesco saying he was wishcasting when he was stating his opinion as we all do here and then you called him a woman "by mistake" now. But youre such a calculated and well thought out poster right? So surely you should have picked up on such a mistake right? If thats not calling someone out then please define the term for me smart guy. Sorry for the sidetrack everyone delete my comments if you must rib im done with this guy back to weather...atleast the gfs ticked ever so slightly north : )

NO ONE CARES!!! Use all the fancy verbiage you'd like you called out chesco saying he was wishcasting when he was stating his opinion as we all do here and then you called him a woman "by mistake" now. But youre such a calculated and well thought out poster right? So surely you should have picked up on such a mistake right? If thats not calling someone out then please define the term for me smart guy. Sorry for the sidetrack everyone delete my comments if you must rib im done with this guy back to weather...atleast the gfs ticked ever so slightly north : )

a few more ticks with this gradient and we might be back to 5-7+ ! Anything could happen it seems that the variables at play are rather large and cumbersome. It almost seems like this could go either way for a decent hit or a bust, even so the whooper hit seems unlikely at this point. 

Can we please keep this crap in banter, this place was actually pretty good today considering

Archived