Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that is the issue. 

Going from 15 inches--8 inches to nothing in 24 hours is a kick in the nutz.

Case in point is my backyard.

I have made peace with this storm. :snowing:

It happens.  After all the storms which have gone bonkers this year beyond expectations, you guys should be prepared for a kick ;)

Yeah it's kind of lost that PHL has been the jackpot on a lot of storms this winter and ABE on the storm a few weeks back. Only justice that the snow wealth gets spread south a bit. 

I was thinking of... well, a place to the north with its own little subforum, not this one per se.

Your decision to stay in Elko is looking pretty good at least  :mellow:

I was debating it overnight as I noticed a rather inexpensive flight, but decided to wait until today's 12Z guidance.  Glad I did, though this could make an unexpected shift still.  Getting less and less likely to do that though.

Agreed, the trend has me a bit concerned as well.

And most of that "spending" is based on the idea we had of a 6" to 12" event. Mitchell Gaines' nightmare of an area that misses out on the first wave due to temps, and is too far north to get much from the 2nd wave, would be the worst case scenario at this point. I'm preparing myself for the possibility that we wind up with less than 6" if the trends continue. The next level after that is something to shovel.

If we get more, great, if not then as everyone has been saying it has been an amazing winter.

I don't think this is the last hurrah, either. And I'm still watching this one of course... :weenie:

For you and everyone south of Philly including South Jersey, yes, you're due to be in the jackpot zone! I hope you get 12" or more!

I still think the jackpot axis just north of the Mason Dixon line would be good for all, no? :lmao:

Look at the 18z NAM, look at 250mb jet...I can't believe for a second that more precip shouldn't be N of where it is. NAM does this a lot close to storms. I'm not saying the S trend isn't winning out, but unless we see the GFS go entirely south at 18z, the NAM is likely way overdone. 

Archived