Light Sleet/Snow mix by early PM tomorrow becoming steady snow late evening

by Midnight 1" of snow temp 28.4

3am - Moderate Snow with 3.0" so far 27.2

7am - Heavy Snow 6.0"

10a - Heavy Snow 9.0"

1pm - Heavy Snow 11.0"

4pm - Heavy Snow 13.0"

730pm - winding down with 14.0" of total snow

I'd still ignore NAM until tonight, however like I said it finally got the whole idea of how the storm evolves in line with the globals. Now that it has done that, I fully expect the next few runs to bump north a tad. Unless we see southern trend on the globals which I don't believe will happen based on the ensembles. 

GFS. That's solid

Do you realize how much this has dropped off in just the past 24-48 hrs? This does not surprise me at all as overrunning events (just overrunning, no coastal to follow) do not typically drop a foot of snow. I expect this to continue to cut back on totals.

Do you realize how much this has dropped off in just the past 24-48 hrs? This does not surprise me at all as overrunning events (just overrunning, no coastal to follow) do not typically drop a foot of snow. I expect this to continue to cut back on totals.

Haz the 6z and 12z GFS have the most snow for Philly, they are strengthening the shortwave. With a storm like this, there will be a tight gradient however...but on overrunning types you always have a strong band of precip on the northern edge. 

6-12" for the city looks like a fair call. leaning towards 8-12"

Archived