joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright... I think my early call for TTN is 5-10".  Nothing to fly home about.  Bust potential rather large of course given some guidance has less and other guidance is near the top end of that.  I hate making a call 3 days out.

Ray are we seeing things firm up as the storm is in CONUS and better data/initialization is now tuning thing up?

Alright... I think my early call for TTN is 5-10".  Nothing to fly home about.  Bust potential rather large of course given some guidance has less and other guidance is near the top end of that.  I hate making a call 3 days out.

thats a great call for TTN per my rookie eyes ;)

curious to see gfs 0z now, lol

Hopefully, you didn't jinx yourself Ray wouldn't that be a bummer if this turned out better than expected. Even so a quality, reasoned prediction. 

You would take the GGEM over the GFS run? I only ask, because in February 2010, I watched a storm dumping 15" over PHL, with a Polar Vortex so strong, that storm froze in it's tracks and didn't get within 35 miles of Staten Island, the southernmost point of NYC. Living on the UES, it ws 50 miles away, then went due east like a cartoon, and OTS.

You're the Pro, not me, but I wouldn't discount the volatility here that would permit the PV to do it's thing.

Just my $.02

On another note, I love reading your forecasts at Mount Holly.

That was a not a forecast just adding to a question which asked and discussed the GGEM model output. Big difference between that and going with the GGEM for a forecast. 

I don't even know if that 18z gfs can be considered a trend. It was a MASSIVE shift south. I expect it to jog back north a bit before trending one way or the other. There is still a lot of time to go and for the models to do whatever they do.

Well, its a lot closer to the GGEM now...

Well, its a lot closer to the GGEM now...

That hasn't worked out well for this season...might want to start ignoring the gfs all together!

It seems like the models always waffle back and forth for the most part, then throw out some massive adjustment only to trend back. That is just my observation, nothing scientific.

That hasn't worked out well for this season...might want to start ignoring the gfs all together!

It seems like the models always waffle back and forth for the most part, then throw out some massive adjustment only to trend back. That is just my observation, nothing scientific.

I'm not ruling anything out.  After all, I went with a nice wide 5" range for a reason ;)  (That reason being, I'm an idiot cuz I'm not sure what will happen exactly)

Archived