• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

At least as I understand it, the TD can't count until you've become a runner, and you can't become a runner until you complete the process of the catch.  If you're going to the ground as you catch the ball, you need to control the ball through the ground (no ground-assisted movement) or you can't complete the process of the catch, and in turn you can't become a runner.

The rule is extremely convoluted, but it isn't the first time someone has been screwed by it.  If the rule is called consistently, that's probably all you can ask for.

My issue is whether they could truly overturn the call on the field.  Replay evidence has to be 100%, zero doubt, conclusive.  I think it's close, but that's not zero doubt.  This is from an objective POV, by the way, as I'm not really a Steelers fan (sorry folks).

• Like 1

A touchdown in pick up football, flag football, high school football, college football. A celebration and an exciting ending to an exciting game. 

In the NFL we have to pick the play apart frame by frame. Overrule it. Ruin an exciting ending to an exciting game. Sorry but let these guys play. Fan or not rules and replay has to change. Now let's get a damn snow storm!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jwilson said:

At least as I understand it, the TD can't count until you've become a runner, and you can't become a runner until you complete the process of the catch.  If you're going to the ground as you catch the ball, you need to control the ball through the ground (no ground-assisted movement) or you can't complete the process of the catch, and in turn you can't become a runner.

The rule is extremely convoluted, but it isn't the first time someone has been screwed by it.  If the rule is called consistently, that's probably all you can ask for.

My issue is whether they could truly overturn the call on the field.  Replay evidence has to be 100%, zero doubt, conclusive.  I think it's close, but that's not zero doubt.  This is from an objective POV, by the way, as I'm not really a Steelers fan (sorry folks).

This. I agree by the way the rule is written there was a valid reason to "review" the play but it was ruled a touchdown on the field. He was down on his knee with full control of the ball before making a move towards the goal line, had control of the ball has it broke the plane of the goal line up and until there was some movement as his hands hit the ground. It's really leaving this interpretation up to a human and I certainly didn't think the outcome from video review was 100% conclusive..  In other news the snow storm we had a few days back on Christmas day has been awarded to NE, ruin our football and steal our snow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man that storm could be insane for the far eastern coast. They are walking a tight rope right now and it looks like it's trending west on almost every model except GFS. I don't want this thing to come anywhere near us. It's better that NYC gets crushed and us not getting fringed. 

54 minutes ago, north pgh said:

I see Boston is under a winter storm watch for 8-12 inches of snow. It seems like they get at least 2 or 3 of these types of storms a year. Here in pitt anymore we have to wait 4 or 5 years for one! :facepalm:

Lol. I wish it was only 4 or 5 years.

BTW, saw the 12z Euro make a jump SE with the low next Monday night.

Mabey we can get some snow to rain to snow action, like the old days.

5 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Lol. I wish it was only 4 or 5 years.

BTW, saw the 12z Euro make a jump SE with the low next Monday night.

Mabey we can get some snow to rain to snow action, like the old days.

Honestly at this point I have accepted the fact that our area just absolutely sucks for snow. But let's be honest we are atleast wayyyyyyyyyyy overdo for 6-12 type storm. Couldn't tell you the last time the metro had a winter storm warning for plain snow. 

I see Boston is under a winter storm watch for 8-12 inches of snow. It seems like they get at least 2 or 3 of these types of storms a year. Here in pitt anymore we have to wait 4 or 5 years for one! :facepalm:

Welcome to the climatology. We have easily the most mundane weather in the country. At least San Diego, though quiet, is beautiful. Pittsburgh is boring and grey

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Honestly at this point I have accepted the fact that our area just absolutely sucks for snow. But let's be honest we are atleast wayyyyyyyyyyy overdo for 6-12 type storm. Couldn't tell you the last time the metro had a winter storm warning for plain snow. 

Yeah, a legit WSW before the storm, probably 2010.

When WE need a west shift, it NEVER happens. Yet, those to our east and even southeast, that seem to routinely get big storms every winter anymore, have things fall into place perfectly for them. It's amazing. I guess I need to move to Williamsburg, VA if I want to see a big snowstorm now. I go there once a year on vacation, may as well just move there.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

I remember this storm. Fortunately, I go much higher numbers than this. But i know some people in our thread got 2ft+

I know and I'm glad someone atleast got hit but this storm will be remembered for me as radar echoes just disappearing at the county line.