joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao: Seriously this one's all gravy as far as I'm concerned.  If you're worried about sleet at 6z and getting fringed at 12z maybe it's time to take a little step back!

Yeah, definitely. If the Euro is south then time to be concerned. 

The good thing on our side is the slight north corrections that seem to happen on the models. 

The 26.7 we got in February was a nightmare for State College snowlovers. 

:lol:

I knew that would come across the wrong way. This has been a great winter! The only thing we're missing is a truly great, truly heavy storm. I know we're not climatologically favored to get 12"+ storms here, but it does happen. And it's happened several times to our south and east this season. Was just hoping maybe we'd finally get that up here to cap off an already awesome season.

Still, it can't be ruled out that the GFS is too far south. Perhaps the Euro will hold steady at 12z and be right in the end. ;)

I knew that would come across the wrong way. This has been a great winter! The only thing we're missing is a truly great, truly heavy storm. I know we're not climatologically favored to get 12"+ storms here, but it does happen. And it's happened several times to our south and east this season. Was just hoping maybe we'd finally get that up here to cap off an already awesome season.

Still, it can't be ruled out that the GFS is too far south. Perhaps the Euro will hold steady at 12z and be right in the end. ;)

Yeah...I want it because we are currently at 14th for snowiest winters and I want to move into the top 10. 

I know what you meant, a feel good storm where the cut off is just north and south of our area. Unfortunately it looks like we will be playing the northern fringe part.

Comedy has returned to our subforum...

What makes some of you up north so sure the GFS is correct? We are 3 days out! Models have and will continue to shift around over the coming days.

The 6z GFS took away about a foot of snow for me from the 0z run. I didn't come in here and declare any one area a winner or a loser...why? Because it's foolish at this point.

Good grief...

Comedy has returned to our subforum...

What makes some of you up north so sure the GFS is correct? We are 3 days out! Models have and will continue to shift around over the coming days.

The 6z GFS took away about a foot of snow for me from the 0z run. I didn't come in here and declare any one area a winner or a loser...why? Because it's foolish at this point.

Good grief...

The main point is that this is the exact scenario I and others were sort of expecting all along. That is, that the end result would tend towards the southern models (UKMET/Canadian) and away from the northern ones (GFS/Euro). I've been fairly consistent with this--note my posts before the 12z GFS about the UKMET/Canadian being good models, and that they shouldn't be discounted.

That all being said, I would expect the GFS to remain south for the next several runs and even drift further south, before inching back north a touch. So my best guess is that where the 12z GFS shows the storm now is pretty much right where it'll end up being. Which isn't bad, I'll definitely take the ~6" of snow!

Good post Mallow. Although I'd hope we get more than 2.5 inches lol.

Agreed!!  That damn Accuwx 12-18" map this morning had me a little excited... coming back down to Earth now 

Still feel like the mets we have posting here are better than anyone who works at Accu... their entire website basically just uses the latest GFS as a forecast, every time.

Archived