northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Tuesday over running event

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd straight time it's cut back at KNYC. Yesterday at 12z it printed out 6 inches. At 0z it showed 2.

Today at 12z it prints out about 1. It's 1 to 3 through NNJ through the LHV

And less than an inch in Monmouth county.

the ukmet was close to 3 area wide the GGEM and JMA looked good as well

I don't like losing the euro. The only saving grace its been weak out of the northern branch , but cutting back 3rd time

Is never a positive.

NYC is at 55.6 inches. If we get another 1-3 on Tuesday than we will be up to around 58 with another storm possible on the 24-26. If that one works out that we could be talking about around 60 inches of snow total with a Whole March to come!!

Personally these 1-3" things don't do anything for me, I'm only interested in the big 6"+

Ok Ill make deal you God : give us an HECS with 30 -40 inches snows & 70 MPH winds stretching from DCA to PWM & i wont ask for any snow all next year :D

p.s: please make it last 48-72 hrs & Thanks V much :)

To bad you weren't alive in 1888 because it really happened! Man what we would give to see that storm. That sandy and 38 are the premium events here

To bad you weren't alive in 1888 because it really happened! Man what we would give to see that storm. That sandy and 38 are the premium events here

30-40" last February was pretty widespread in central Long Island north and east to Maine and close to 1888 totals, only 10" less on average than highest 1888 totals

30-40" last February was pretty widespread in central Long Island north and east to Maine and close to 1888 totals, only 10" less on average than highest 1888 totals

1888 extended further west lasted 3 times as long and had way stronger winds! It also brought down insane cold for that time of year. Snow must have settled and thus been under reported.

Last feb was all about rates in the mega band. Anomalous and insane yes. 1888 wtf

Ok Ill make deal you God : give us an HECS with 30 -40 inches snows & 70 MPH winds stretching from DCA to PWM & i wont ask for any snow all next year :D

p.s: please make it last 48-72 hrs & Thanks V much :)

Sure you would. We all share the same affinity for extreme wx, but the summer is long and our collective memory is short.

Uptons snowmap shows 2-4 inches areawide.

tuesday morning has the potential of snow covered roads in time for the morning rush - timing is critical here temps will be below freezing for many hours prior - problem around much of the area is limited supply of road salt ............

1888 extended further west lasted 3 times as long and had way stronger winds! It also brought down insane cold for that time of year. Snow must have settled and thus been under reported.

Last feb was all about rates in the mega band. Anomalous and insane yes. 1888 wtf

During the March 1888 storm, about 80% of the accumulating snow fell in NYC in a 24 hour span.

Our Feb 2006 blitzkrieg had it lasted 2-3 hours longer would have been oin that range & last year's blizzard had the band shifted frm Central LI  we would also have been in 30-40 inch turf as well

Yeah, GFS failed big time with that one. ;)

In terms of technology available at the time for making a forecast...it was maybe one or two steps above what they had during the Middle Ages.

Can we keep this to tues threat only pls. And keep the talk of past storms to the banter thread. Thank you

About 99% of the posts I make to this board are ignored...while "OMG will they close the schools???" get 37 replies on average...so I assume no one's looking that closely anyhow.

Can we keep this to tues threat only pls. And keep the talk of past storms to the banter thread. Thank you

18z RGEM. Looks like 2 to 4 between the I78 and I80 corridor , looks 4 plus from I80 N through S CT

Rpm shows a coastal redeveloper with 4-8" from Ocean county up through all five boroughs and a good chuck of LI and SW conn.

Archived