• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Tuesday over running event

Mitchel Volk

About 99% of the posts I make to this board are ignored...while "OMG will they close the schools???" get 37 replies on average...so I assume no one's looking that closely anyhow.

Nah ur stuff is never ignored. Ur great my man. Just was trying to sift through model stuff.

I like upton s 2 to 4. Will add to the totals

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah ur stuff is never ignored. Ur great my man. Just was trying to sift through model stuff.

I like upton s 2 to 4. Will add to the totals

It was nothing personal pal...

Don that's weird...the weatherbell snow maps from that same run give NW areas 2-4 and a small area in NE NJ 4-6....and NYC 2-3 or so. I wonder why the discrepancy

Sent from my iPhone

Don's map is not snow accumulation.

It's the amount of total precip that has fallen as snow. Not how much has accumulated.

How much of it would stick, depends on temps.

That's why I think meteocentre's maps are the best.

It's the amount of total precip that has fallen as snow. Not how much has accumulated.

Yeah, but I find it weird then....NW areas get more precip as snow, yet less accumulation. SE areas get less precip as snow and more accumulation? If anything, it'd usually be opposite, except if the model is picking up on some kind of banding with dynamic cooling...I doubt it

Update : it makes sense. I didn't realize that NENJ is the jackpot on this map. It does go along with weatherbell's map. There's just such a sharp cutoff that I missed it

Sent from my iPhone

Are you positive on that? I find it odd that a precip map would cut totals right on the I-95 line, that seems something a snow map would do...

EDIT: I misread you, it makes sense that snow could fall and not accumulate, woops. 

Archived