• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tuesday over running event

Mitchel Volk

This is a bastardized northern stream event, its technically in the northern branch of the jet but its not diving out of Canada or a data sparse region, its coming more straight out of the Pacific...this is the exact sort of system the GFS can but does not always struggle with but its definitely not true northern stream out of Canada where the GFS has done better all winter.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of precip and cold enough for snow in our area. The GGEM gives NYC some rain at the end. The low ends up further north than the 12z run.

I'd rather have a weaker event that doesn't rush warm air into the region. A light snow event sure beats a stronger rain event with some snow to start which goes to slop/mush. A strong solution that keeps us snow will have to form well south of the region and wrap fast. SE winds anytime of the year are killer.

I'd rather have a weaker event that doesn't rush warm air into the region. A light snow event sure beats a stronger rain event with some snow to start which goes to slop/mush. A strong solution that keeps us snow will have to form well south of the region and wrap fast. SE winds anytime of the year are killer.

We have to hope for a Euro solution with a secondary low.

The 6z NAM prints out .4 at KNYC with 850s in the minus 2 to minus 4 but the BL is just too warm . Not sure what the 12z GGEM and 12z EURO saw but nothing at 0z resembled that .

Would look for continuity today before I jump back on that bang wagon.

I tried to say it, it's probably some snow to rain, can't really complain though. Looking forward to the mild period actually.

You said it based on reading you're high temp on weather.com. That's not analysis . We will see what the model say today ,

We base our probabilities off that .

You said it based on reading you're high temp on weather.com. That's not analysis . We will see what the model say today ,

We base our probabilities off that .

Anybody who bases they're forecast off a weather.com deserves a :facepalm: they arent even really considered a legit weather station anymore in my eyes. The best weather info IMO is here, anything else is second hand

12z nam total precip for Tuesday system. Surface temps look warm on the nam too.

USA_APCPIPER_sfc_057.gif

At 48 the 850s are minus 10. The surface is 30. At 51 850. s are minus 8 the surface is 35. That's because the precip light.

If there's heavier precip the surface is colder.

At 48 the 850s are minus 10. The surface is 30. At 51 850. s are minus 8 the surface is 35. That's because the precip light.

If there's heavier precip the surface is colder.

Agree. Since I didn't know I couldn't post that image here is the NWS total precipitation.

nam_namer_057_precip_ptot.gif

Pauly,

How much snow falls on nam?

Nothing for us some light snow nw of nyc but its 850s are very cold. So if the euro .4. GGEM and JMA .5 are right I would take the nam aloft

But it's one model and have to see the entire suite today and see how the models wana handle this .

Nothing for us some light snow nw of nyc but its 850s are very cold. So if the euro .4. GGEM and JMA .5 are right I would take the nam aloft

But it's one model and have to see the entire suite today and see how the models wana handle this .

And it's the least reliable of all the models. Was their more on the 6z?

Agree. Since I didn't know I couldn't post that image here is the NWS total precipitation.

nam_namer_057_precip_ptot.gif

Would like to see how the GGEM GFS and EURO look. Fwiw the warmth that's coming on the backside of this doesn't look

to b more than a 5 day period

Archived