Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter II

jburns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Floyd County VA include the the towns of Wytheville, Hillsville, Meadows of Dan along the Blue Ridge Parkway?

That is a sweetspot of snow... weather clippers or like what we just had or NWFS.

Hillsville and Meadows of Dan are just across the western Floyd County line.  Hillsville is in Carroll County and M of D is in Patrick.  Wytheville is further NW in Wythe County, The Blue Ridge Parkway runs the full length of Floyd County.  Maybry Mill is in Floyd County.

Some interesting trivia about Floyd County.  As I said in my original post, only one stoplight in the entire county.  Only county in VA without a single mile of railroad track.  Every stream and river flows out of Floyd. There are none that flow in.

Hillsville and Meadows of Dan are just across the western Floyd County line.  Hillsville is in Carroll County and M of D is in Patrick.  Wytheville is further NW in Wythe County, The Blue Ridge Parkway runs the full length of Floyd County.  Maybry Mill is in Floyd County.

Some interesting trivia about Floyd County.  As I said in my original post, only one stoplight in the entire county.  Only county in VA without a single mile of railroad track.  Every stream and river flows out of Floyd. There are none that flow in.

Ok got ya. Sounds like the some backwoods people live there. Actually small isolated spots like that I like especially that gets good snowfall.

I'm kinda hoping the models are overdoing the cold at the end of the month and I hope we don't get a storm when I think we will (2/28)....my flight leaves for FL to jump on a 5 night cruise and I'm not trying to have that canceled. I would love for the winter storm to wait until the first week of march so y'all can have fun in the snow :mapsnow: while I'm having fun in the sun. :maphot:

I am a DIE HARD lover of snowstorms like 99 percent of you all.  With that being said these systems absolutely ruin a week or two of work for me. I am hoping we don't get buried or else I'll be screwed again for another 2 weeks. This last one was worth it and fun for a couple of days, but it was also hell in the office.  With that being said, I'm sure we will get nailed even harder again before spring.  :)

Hell, half the people haven't heard of Dwight D. either, lol. Just means they are uneducated and lack curiosity :) Those of us in the know, were very interested! I bet I could beat the crap out of you at Trivial Pursuit :) T

Maybe.. Maybe not. But most likely you won't beat me at it unless the question has to do with sleet. :)

Freezing rain tonight? Another school delay in the morning? Hmm.

I was thinking the samething yesterday when I watch the news and seen the simulated radar. But Wetbulb temps have been rising since this morning.. so its probably a safe bet to say CR for this area back into the triad. WB temps ranging from 34-35 range.

I was thinking the samething yesterday when I watch the news and seen the simulated radar. But Wetbulb temps have been rising since this morning.. so its probably a safe bet to say CR for this area back into the triad. WB temps ranging from 34-35 range.

darn. I kind of like the delays. It means I don't have to sit in the dark at the top of the neighborhood waiting on my daughter's 6:30am bus.

Against my better judgement I'll respond again. I responded the first time because I couldn't believe what I was reading. Your post made absolutely no sense. Lets look at them, shall we?

After my story it began by you asking this:

How do you get 30 inches of snow in Late April?

To which I responded:

Same way you get it in Jan.

Meaning moisture, cold air and timing. Same as always.

You however, responded with this gem about improvements is forecasting, as if had forecasting been better in the late 70s it would not have snowed.

It doesn't work like that. Forecasting was horrid during your times. Heavy rain was the forecast and you got 30 inches. Lolxz

After my eyes uncrossed I responded with my sarcastic post.

Obviously the forecast does not influence the result. It has always been that way and always will be that way. I have no idea what your post meant. It was nonsensical.

Archived