• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter II

jburns

Yes we are below climo for the season. CLT, HKY and GSO are at climo for the past 5 years now, RDU is about 68% after this last storm, unofficially. I believe PGV received more snow than RDU this week for about the 47th time in a row, maybe more, they had 4" on Tuesday and I think they got 1-2" on Wed. Need the final map from RAH and I will update my SE snow totals thread. So we will be the only location on that list below climo for the past 5 years, much below normal at that. CLT and GSO I believe are over 10" on the season, will confirm when final map released. It's been 10 years since our last 10"+ season total which is a record. We still suck...

Haha! Yes we do. I'm sure if we get a triple phaser, it will just travel right up I-95. :arrowhead:

And of course, the USA women blew it in curling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wear some black and get the high beams, we're flurry hunting!!! :weenie:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southeast_loop.php

Maybe some of that makes the trip over the mountains

Look at how fast that one piece of precip comes in in Tennessee in this loop: http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/OneKM.aspx?location=USNC0330&animate=true

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
939 PM EST SAT FEB 15 2014

.SYNOPSIS...
ANOTHER UPPER SYSTEM WILL CROSS THE AREA EARLY SUNDAY. A SERIES OF
WEAK COLD FRONTS WILL CROSS OUR AREA DURING THE WORK WEEK.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH SUNDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --

930 PM UPDATE...LIGHT PRECIP NOW SEEN ON RADAR OVER EAST TN...REACHING THE GROUND AS -SN AT KCSV BUT NOWHERE ELSE YET. SAME BAND IS ALREADY ENTERING THE FAR WRN PORTION OF THE CWFA BUT MORE ACTIVITY IS PRESENT UPSTREAM. WITH JUST THAT ONE SFC REPORT SO FAR...MAINTAINED FLURRIES OVERNIGHT MAINLY OVER NC. 00Z NAM NOT PRODUCING ANY QPF RESPONSE EAST OF THE MTNS OVER OUR FA. REVISED TEMPS/DEWPTS OVERNIGHT AND INTO TMRW WITH THE MAIN EFFECT BEING TO DROP LOWS A COUPLE DEGREES...PARTICULARLY OVER THE NW PIEDMONT.

FWIW, the 02z HRRR puts down a dusting of snow in Durham, Burlington, and South Boston areas.  The RAP is a little more bullish and pulls a band across much of NC/upstate SC with maybe a dusting (actually, maybe 1" down just north of Rockingham).

I'm not staying up for flurries either, but I have a feeling there will be a few flizzards around tonight. Not wasting my energy, I'll save it for my March superstorm.

I'm not staying up for flurries either, but I have a feeling there will be a few flizzards around tonight. Not wasting my energy, I'll save it for my March superstorm.

March is going to be rockin'.  I spy a triple-phaser superstorm.  I'm going to get my 12"... which will melt under the harsh, destructive March supersun the next day. :(

March is going to be rockin'.  I spy a triple-phaser superstorm.  I'm going to get my 12"... which will melt under the harsh, destructive March supersun the next day. :(

I doubt that... but the way its been this year between now and March 31 there could be atleast 3 more shots of snow. What ever falls then would put this area above average for snowfall. All ready about average now and the first time since 09/10. That year was close to 20" here.

How much for Waycross?

8-12" (in other words, what Boston gets every other day).

I doubt that... but the way its been this year between now and March 31 there could be atleast 3 more shots of snow. What ever falls then would put this area above average for snowfall. All ready about average now and the first time since 09/10. That year was close to 20" here.

LOL, I'm just joking about the triple-phaser. ;)

I could easily see a shot (or more) at snow, though.  The first couple weeks of March are pretty good around here as far as snowfall goes.

If nothing else, I've seen snow fly in four out of the last five Marches.  Time to make it 5/6.

Archived