Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter II

jburns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how the next three episodes of Star Wars are going to turn out. JJ Abrams is directing, so that means the story won't be too deep. And since George Lucas sold out, he won't have the final say, most likely, which is a good thing these days, since he's lost his mind.

I generally like Abrams. Really like what he has done with Star Trek. Liked Super 8, Lost. One thing for sure, there will be lots of lens flare! lol

How can I post pics from my photo album to here without downloading an app? From my iPhone ? Tia

Whenever I've put pics on here from my iPhone, I've gone to the full site not mobile site and did it from there. You attach your files as you would on your desktop/laptop. I think that's how I've done it in the past. Hope that helps. 

Lol we are about to break our all time record high for February in two days! 85 is the all time record. Forecast is for 88!

I think it will be more like 81-4 rather than 88 in Waycross on Thursday. Actually, I have seen neither a model nor an actual forecast go for high 80's like you mentioned. I've seen only lower 80's, which isn't all that unusual for late Feb. Savannah may reach 80 Thursday if the flow off of the cold ocean were to be kept at bay.

CR where you copying me? Lol. Both of our thoughts were posted at the same time pretty much even though you were a minute or two faster at typing than what I was. I guess great minds think alike.

Haha!  We're definitely on the same page.  Things are looking good after this week.  If we can squeak a little severe out of it, then even this week turns out good!  SPC has us in a D4 outlook for wind.

DT is liking the pattern too, in his latest FB post.

Yeah he is....per the pattern shown on ALL  major models overnight.  Hopefully it sticks.  Gotta give credit, he and Robert have been on the same page for a cold winter from day one.  Other than December it's been a good one.  If we get a close repeat of last week, it'll be the best winter I can remember. 

Hopefully this year brings us back to 1980's SE winters..."old school". 

Yeah he is....per the pattern shown on ALL  major models overnight.  Hopefully it sticks.  Gotta give credit, he and Robert have been on the same page for a cold winter from day one.  Other than December it's been a good one.  If we get a close repeat of last week, it'll be the best winter I can remember.

Next week looks to be just about a carbon copy of last week imo. Its going to feature over running and a main system. Its all going to begin when the rainstorm this weekend pushes south and stalls along the coast. 

Agree with this completely.

Next week looks to be just about a carbon copy of last week imo. Its going to feature over running and a main system. Its all going to begin when the rainstorm this weekend pushes south and stalls along the coast. 

I hope this time we get a clean Miller A and none of this hybrid garbage.  It's been a long time since we've had a good old fashioned, widespread Miller A snowstorm.

Well with the split flow and impluses riding along the SJ and stalled front and energy dropping out the NW it will pretty much be a hybrid. I just hope if it does that the inverted trough axis is far enough off shore that it allows the SLP to be further offshore and the upper air features to follow so that we don't get a pesky warm nose ruining all snow. Either way I guess we shouldn't complain too much. Its been a long time since we've had a winter like this.

I hope this time we get a clean Miller A and none of this hybrid garbage.  It's been a long time since we've had a good old fashioned, widespread Miller A snowstorm.

I think we had a good, old fashioned, widespread, Miller A snowstorm in mid-February 2010, if I'm not mistaken.

Regardless, I agree that we need (or, I'd prefer) a clean, Miller A system.  Love those type of systems. 

I think we had a good, old fashioned, widespread, Miller A snowstorm in mid-February 2010, if I'm not mistaken.

Regardless, I agree that we need (or, I'd prefer) a clean, Miller A system.  Love those type of systems. 

Yes.  And December 2009.  January 2010 was a Miller A/B hybrid.  March 2010 was a Miller A, too.  December 2010 was also a Miller A system.  I might be missing one or two in there, too.

Archived