• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The weenie freak out thread

BullCityWx

I am off work until next Tuesday. I got  4x4 full size chevy truck full of gas. I got a fridge full of milk & bread. I got 1/2 a gallon of vodka for bloody mary`s with shrimp & bacon skewers. I got propane back up gas logs for power outtages! All i need now is for the white devil to show UP! all i see is flurries in Asheville. i`m freakin man...

I am off work until next Tuesday. I got  4x4 full size chevy truck full of gas. I got a fridge full of milk & bread. I got 1/2 a gallon of vodka for bloody mary`s with shrimp & bacon skewers. I got propane back up gas logs for power outtages! All i need now is for the white devil to show UP! all i see is flurries in Asheville. i`m freakin man...

We can forget this one, it's all going east. We had our little snow a few weeks ago. Time others got in on it. But the vodka and skewers sound great though! I paid $8.95 for a bloody mary at the Charlotte airport the other day.  :axe: But the celery stick was to die for.

Anyone in the RDU area who has lived in this state longer than I have (this is my first ICE storm) know what the chances are that flights will be running again by tomorrow night? How about Friday? 

...what do you mean, this isn't the 'random dumb questions' thread?

Ok, also: "I can still see some parts of my car, where is the blizzard I was promised????"

15+ years of involvement with forums and internet communities and I have never seen a site that deletes so many posts for no apparent reason.  Is American Wx just a club for a few insiders or what? I've read these forums for over 5 years and thought that this year I would try to get involved, but half of my posts are deleted, even when they are in the proper thread and on topic.

15+ years of involvement with forums and internet communities and I have never seen a site that deletes so many posts for no apparent reason.  Is American Wx just a club for a few insiders or what? I've read these forums for over 5 years and thought that this year I would try to get involved, but half of my posts are deleted, even when they are in the proper thread and on topic.

I do know that they actively moderate in storm mode, and they say they delete posts.  However, they have also been having database issues, and I have noticed some of my posts disappear during times of high volumes of SQL errors - meaning they probably are never being saved to begin with.  FWIW.

An admin did say they are working on it.

Not liking the way this is looking to end for ATL. The pivot is happening over B-ham right now and I think that slug of precip is going to lift off to the NE soon...

Yeah the tv mets saying that thing is practically going to head due east and hit Atlanta are just having trouble letting go of their busted snow total forecasts for NGa. :x

I do know that they actively moderate in storm mode, and they say they delete posts.  However, they have also been having database issues, and I have noticed some of my posts disappear during times of high volumes of SQL errors - meaning they probably are never being saved to begin with.  FWIW.

An admin did say they are working on it.

It's an insiders club for the most part; look at the number of "posts" and you can tell.

This event was a fail for lot of folks.  I don't care if some weenie wants to say it's great; quit whining; etc.  They have their opinion however if you express something else "some" get indignant.  The forecast was a bust for many; who cares about an inch or two of sleet or sleet and ZR, or whatever.  Who cares if we live in the "south" and should be happy with any winter precipitation; that's b.s. 

This was overhyped by a lot of folks and they were just wrong in a lot of different ways.  Some of those who think they're mets were completely wrong then tried to cover their tracks with a bunch of crap. 

One realist was Phil; his beginning storm analysis was spot on. 

This thing sucked; my opinion..

Archived