• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The weenie freak out thread

BullCityWx

My area busted pretty bad ,IMO ! I'm on the dreaded S of 85 mix zone in Simpsonville. SC. They were forecasting an avg of 5-10inches on all three local channels and quite a few models we all look at on here were throwing out 12-16+ crazy accums. They said S of 85 could mix with sleet and down torwards Columbia and Lauren's was supposed to have ice. After 2-3 inches and 5 or 6 hours, we had a lull in precip and when it started back, it was all sleet and freezing drizzle, not one flake! This happened all the way to the NC border ! Bust!!

My area busted pretty bad ,IMO ! I'm on the dreaded S of 85 mix zone in Simpsonville. SC. They were forecasting an avg of 5-10inches on all three local channels and quite a few models we all look at on here were throwing out 12-16+ crazy accums. They said S of 85 could mix with sleet and down torwards Columbia and Lauren's was supposed to have ice. After 2-3 inches and 5 or 6 hours, we had a lull in precip and when it started back, it was all sleet and freezing drizzle, not one flake! This happened all the way to the NC border ! Bust!!

Who would have thought that Greenwood would be the upstate winner over the two day stretch?  :whistle:

It could have been worse.

You could have lived north of I-85 in the forecasted “jackpot zone" and only gotten 1-2 inches before the switch over to sleet.  

Not to mention you picked up a few inches on Tuesday while the northern upstate got a dusting.

Archived