joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially the Bronx. It is very irresponsible to keep the schools open.

Northeast Queens are suburbs with trees and hills. Other parts of Queens as well.

Night and day.

Even the difference between Astoria and any part of Manhattan is huge. Right now, Astoria is still buried in snow with huge snow piles and an 8"-10" pack, while most of Manhattan is bare to just a little.

Northeast Queens are suburbs with trees and hills. Other parts of Queens as well.

Night and day.

Even the difference between Astoria and any part of Manhattan is huge. Right now, Astoria is still buried in snow with huge snow piles and an 8"-10" pack, while most of Manhattan is bare to just a little.

I am sure there is a difference, though there are still tons of piles (in UWS anyway) and still find that I have to maneuver around them.  Central Park is also still completely covered.

I wonder how many teachers will make it into school anyway? Most prob dont live in Manhattan.

My fiancee is a teacher, she is panicked about tomorrow. She already had to take two days because of the snow. They're making her taking personal days and tomorrow would be the last one. There's no way for her to make it in safely...

My fiancee is a teacher, she is panicked about tomorrow. She already had to take two days because of the snow. They're making her taking personal days and tomorrow would be the last one. There's no way for her to make it in safely...

Really is a stupid decision.  Will likely be some second thoughts in a few hours.

Archived