joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That low is deepening fairly quickly now as the phase is taking place as we speak and the trough is already neutral tilt.

hmmm this may or may not have an impact on it whether or not it shifts west a bit. I don't think so but we'll see, the EURO came east somewhat today so that was comforting, great find though yank

What you actually have right now is a meso low I believe that has formed within the MCS crossing Florida. That's why all of a sudden you have 3 separate lows showing up. The NAM nailed this.

pchg.gif?1392244574856

so the NAM did not have convective feedback issues. good for the NAM for not being drunk at some point during this storm maturity :lol:

Sometimes I let things get the best of me but I've tried to take a different approach.

I wish I was a moderator :weenie:

I practically live on this site this time of year.

me as well the summer time I can care less. im in the convective graveyard of SW Suffolk so severe storms are scares as hens teethe for me :lol:

but yea this storm looks like it may be quite a bit stronger than modeled with the current trends. dare I say a sub 970 mb south of LI?

Here in Roslyn Heights, we're already below the forecast low and sitting at 20.5F with a dew of 12. Certainly could factor in at some point, based on the models even a 2-3 degree difference throughout the column could make a huge difference in snowfall totals.

My forecast low was 25F, and I'm already at 23.8F in Bay Ridge. 

Archived