CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Big One - Forecast & Discussion

Wow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear the NAM is flirting with a snow event tomorrow through north Georgia with the first batch

I've been watching the obs down there but I think unfortunately the killer is going to be the wind backing NE in the next few hours, it may very well advect higher DPs currently over SC and NE GA into other parts of NRN GA...at this point I could see your area getting maybe down to 35 or 36/28 for a time but that NE wind prior to the arrival of the precip near 12Z or after may just make it a hair to warm...there are also alot of sneaky warm noses from 850-925

Stormsfury, you nailed the icestorm in 2004.  Are you thinking this is similar for the midlands?  

To be honest, I don't think any of us have seen the ice depictions being spit out by the guidance in the Southeast.  This type of icestorm is one of those once in a lifetime events, and at least 5 days worth of pretty much the same depictions make me cringe on the aftermath of that amount of icing being progged 

To be honest, I don't think any of us have seen the ice depictions being spit out by the guidance in the Southeast.  This type of icestorm is one of those once in a lifetime events, and at least 5 days worth of pretty much the same depictions make me cringe on the aftermath of that amount of icing being progged 

Thanks, appreciate your opinion.  Hope to see you posting throughout this storm.

havent checked the nam yet, but the sref shows a mean just over 6" here and then about .30 of zr (just to my north) the one just to my south has a whopping .5 zr so looks like that line is going to be waver around ne ga.  looks to be fun with any and all kinds of frozen precip falling during the storm. in the upstate looks like nearly 8" mean and a lot less ice

Archived