Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
kvskelton

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another masher. Almost the entire state picks up more than 6 inches of snowfall, with more than 10 being shown South of 40 and 14+ in the North Carolina border counties.

Yep. Monster run by the 18z NAM...edit. The 0z is going to shift slightly (or more) as the energy gets sampled better. Will be interested to see if it holds.

It's funny, Carvers and I usually think alike........but in this case, he's optimistic, and I am not. I don't like the axis of precip at this point, maybe 0z changes all that. NORMALLY, id be all in with regards to a northern shift. 18z NAM does jackpot the southern apps, but you can usually cut those numbers in 1/2.....time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny, Carvers and I usually think alike........but in this case, he's optimistic, and I am not. I don't like the axis of precip at this point, maybe 0z changes all that. NORMALLY, id be all in with regards to a northern shift. 18z NAM does jackpot the southern apps, but you can usually cut those numbers in 1/2.....time will tell.

Would never use the word optimism. I never believe it unless I see it. LOL. The 18z NAM admittedly looks a bit too wound-up. I really want to see the trends at 0z and 12z tomorrow. Yes, the angle is not good for TRI at this point. What I find interesting is that the precip shield has jogged west. Now the 18z runs have fooled us many times this month. I am banking on a late NE trend. If I lived between Knoxville and Chatt, I would be licking my chops. NAM needs some support or it is an outlier. Did you see Robert's write-up on the SE forum? Also, Jeff, great write-up here and thank you. I figure this is the last storm for a while so I am going to enjoy it. Nut, keep us level man.

At this point, cutting them in half would be a 3-8 inch snow for most of the state. I'm more concerned about the extent of the QPF shield getting as many of us as possible with a decent amount so we can all see at least a few inches.

Would never use the word optimism. I never believe it unless I see it. LOL. The 18z NAM admittedly looks a bit too wound-up. I really want to see the trends at 0z and 12z tomorrow. Yes, the angle is not good for TRI at this point. What I find interesting is that the precip shield has jogged west. Now the 18z runs have fooled us many times this month. I am banking on a late NE trend. Mif Imlived between Knoxville and Chatt, I would be licking my chops. NAM needs some support or it is an outlier. Did you see Robert's write-up on the SE forum? Also, Jeff, great write-up here and thank you. I figure this is the last storm for a while so I am going to enjoy it. Nut, keep us level man.

It may amount to nothing, but the 12z GGEM showed a very similar event to this one around day 7.

It may amount to nothing, but the 12z GGEM showed a very similar event to this one around day 7.

Excellent. I have not even looked at the extended today. Just going off memory from yesterday. Many thanks to Reb this AM for not reposting that the word location autocorrected to lactation on one of my earlier posts. 18z GFS on deck. Great disco today!

I just think the NAM is as much of an amped up outlier as the GFS is with its depiction of nothing....... Something like the GGEM or EURO is likely, maybe a general 2-4 inch snow for parts if the southern 1/2 of TN..........maxing out in the Carolina's.

I saw where DT mentioned the ensembles for the 12z Euro turned everyone over to rain in the Carolina's. interesting....... a LOT of specifics to work out on this one.

Only thing I am fairly confident of, is a nice snow 2-4, maybe 6 inch lollipops SOMEWHERE in the state of TN....lol

18z GFS moved towards the Euro/Canadian solution.  I would take the NAM/Euro blend at this point.  I would never bet on a wx model, but I think the 0z GFS takes another step towards caving UNLESS new data is ingested.  We are really at the point where the 0z models are going to begin ingesting better data through tomorrow night.  Could see one last "wild" swing...my guess(and it is purely that) the system jogs north but not radically.  I think eventually this bends up the coast a tad.  The implications for such a move are large for the eastern Valley.  But I am like 55/45 on that...45 that it goes south.  Again, a guess...but who really knows this winter.

Continue  seeing a N shift on todays models.The Euro showed 2"S of I40,3" HWY 64 TO I-20,think you guys in the orographic zones will do good.I'll start posting text tonight for everyone starting with the NAM 0Z.Think the GFS is catching up,but who knows if its wrong

Edit:Im going by the clown map also,but i'm really surprised at the lack of a warm nose,but it's there towards the SE Valley but not as bad as i thought it'd be

Warm nose SHOULD be held at bay, this is a wave on the front more so than a gulf low winding up..... The ridge in Baffin Island almost assures high pressure underneath it in the OH Valley....... providing a continuous feed of cold air.

The setup could change of course, which could change these thoughts, but we are pretty close to game time......

There is some key differences in the 500 MB.All three models show basically a ULL riding underneath and one at top at that same time frame i'm gonna go by the 0z Tuesday.But the ULL riding on top and one at bottom are much different.The GFS is much faster with the ULL on top and thus shows a more surpressed system.The Euro rides the ULL on top of the other ULL and the NAM is slower on top with the ULL at bottom

Edit:Basically is what i see the first  piece of energy on the GFS obove is further E and the energy lies with the system below,thus is why the GFS shows a surpressed system

Warm nose SHOULD be held at bay, this is a wave on the front more so than a gulf low winding up..... The ridge in Baffin Island almost assures high pressure underneath it in the OH Valley....... providing a continuous feed of cold air.

The setup could change of course, which could change these thoughts, but we are pretty close to game time......

Not trying to stalk your posts, tnweathernut!  Anyway, the other day we were all worried about the warm nose.  Now, we don't have enough moisture in TRI.  I can't decide which problem I would rather have.

Stove, if you have time would you mind showing the QPF from select cities in the region from the Euro ensembles? I think you could guess which one i'm looking for lol. Thanks in advance!

Good idea, I totally forgot about those.  Let me get these kids to bed and I'll post what they show.

Archived