Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
kvskelton

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dicey at best here in Knoxville for much more than a dusting if that were verified exactly as is...fortunately...happy to not be in the 72hr bullseye! 

What am I missing Bob?  850 temps look great, surface warms to 34 degrees during part of it, with about .4 QPF.  Snow map shows around 4 inches for TYS.

What am I missing Bob?  850 temps look great, surface warms to 34 degrees during part of it, with about .4 QPF.  Snow map shows around 4 inches for TYS.

Some of the heaviest snows in TYS will happen with a temp of 33F - and that's heavy dense wet snow.

We got spoiled with the 4" we saw late last month, but that was fine arctic powder that quickly melted away.

Have to think we have one more major shift on the models as the energy gets sampled better. Would guess a slight jog north on precip. 0z runs tonight will set the stage. As is, I-40 corridor looking good in TN and NC with a slight jog north.

I'm a few miles north of I40. I'll take it :P

Probably nothing...hard to read the SV graphics on my phone...looks like the best moisture went right across Chatt...the simple fact I am looking at it on my phone speaks volumes for it! 

SLP sliding across southern GA at 96 and moves up coast. If it winds up at all and this is coming north. You all know this going to shift north or south. Just be glad for the set-up. I'll take this set-up all day for TN. Details beginning to come into focus but still, many things could happen. Chatt looking good ATM.

The dumb thing is, all models are very consistent. They just all show a different storm strength and track. The GFS is an extreme outlier at this point. They said it had sref support, but were apparently drunk as the SREF mean shows .25-.50 over all of Eastern Tennessee and the GFS shows basically nothing. 

The Euro/NAM/GGEM are much closer together than the GFS is to anything else. 

Now it may play out that the GFS is right, but that reasoning is hilarious to me.

They did decide to abandon the GFS after the main event and go with the Euro for the switch to rain portion of the event.

I'm feeling optimistic about Mon-Tue, so started the separate thread.

Jeff, thanks for posting your forecast.  That sounds encouraging!

Seems I'm more bullish than MRX. That is a change, but I feel good about my forecast thoughts. They may be thinking the same regarding potential, but it is not time to go public yet. :ski:

Archived