• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
kvskelton

There's a good chance it hits East Tennessee and SE KY pretty well. It's a power house on the GGEM. 2MB stronger in North Florida than on the GFS or NAM and 7 mb stronger as it goes up the coast.

It also takes a more favorable track along the Gulf Coast, where the GFS has it starting out around 150 miles off shore of the Florida panhandle.

I can't see qpf yet though to see how the it responds.

Man, on pin's and needle's here..Hoping this goes just a little more NW..Too close for comfort for my area..Probably have a nervous break down for the day's out..lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post here! MRX just posted their latest map via Facebook.

If the heavy band over Asheville/Boone/Hickory is underdone then what's over Knoxville may be underdone as well.

Something tells me they are still being conservative.

Also, where's the 6" band? They went from 3-5 straight to 6".

If the heavy band over Asheville/Boone/Hickory is underdone then what's over Knoxville may be underdone as well.

Something tells me they are still being conservative.

Also, where's the 6" band? They went from 3-5 straight to 6".

yeah I noticed that.  As if there is no 6" band.  I've always translated their 3-5 as 3-6 in general anyway.  I agree however I still think they are being conservative as well.

The RAP and subsequently the RUC are much further northwest.

We've seen them score a coup on phasing lows before. *850 low is in north Mississippi at that time frame and it looks like it would start to pivot as the surface low ejects from just south of mobile.

That gives middle Tennessee some hope for sure.

The RAP and subsequently the RUC are much further northwest.

We've seen them score a coup on phasing lows before. *850 low is in north Mississippi at that time frame and it looks like it would start to pivot as the surface low ejects from just south of mobile.

That gives middle Tennessee some hope for sure.

The RAP nailed the NW trend at the onset of the Jan 28 storm. Deja vu?

The RUC looks amazing! Besides the Jan 28th storm, how has it faired in the past? Also, 1234Snow, I don't know that the NAM shifted everything east. It just appears that way in East TN. When you look at the overall picture, I think you could make an argument that the NAM even shifted a little to the NW. The issue that I see with the NAM versus the other models is the tight gradient it is showing on the back edge of the precip shield. Every other model has the back edge towards Nashville or even a little further west.

The RUC looks amazing! Besides the Jan 28th storm, how has it faired in the past? Also, 1234Snow, I don't know that the NAM shifted everything east. It just appears that way in East TN. When you look at the overall picture, I think you could make an argument that the NAM even shifted a little to the NW. The issue that I see with the NAM versus the other models is the tight gradient it is showing on the back edge of the precip shield. Every other model has the back edge towards Nashville or even a little further west.

I feel like the RAP/RUC is very useful when we near the storm. The RAP (and SREF) were the only models to see the last event back in late January. As far as the NAM goes I just looked at the clown map and was lazy and didn't look at the surface and 500mb. The clown was slightly east but I'm not sure about the track.

I feel like the RAP/RUC is very useful when we near the storm. The RAP (and SREF) were the only models to see the last event back in late January. As far as the NAM goes I just looked at the clown map and was lazy and didn't look at the surface and 500mb. The clown was slightly east but I'm not sure about the track.

I will say that in addition to the RAP and SREF doing well for that storm, the RGEM was a winner too.  When I have some time today I'll go back and read that thread to see how far out they zeroed in on a solution.

Archived