Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
kvskelton

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carvers, I've been looking at maps for you. Superjames said the Euro has the low going from Waycross, GA, to Myrtle Beach, SC to Elizabeth City, NC. That's not way inland, but it's definitely west of where it started and inside Hatteras by a good bit. This storm is following your track so far.

Just saw where DT is saying that our big snow the Euro is reading is bssed on sleet and freezing rain. Can someone comment on this? Airport code is KHSV by the way.

I can't see it for the Euro but all the American model meteograms show you with a max of 5.5 inches of snow, .30 inches of sleet and .10 inches of freezing rain for HSV.

The WPC is going with a blend of the 12z UKIE/12z Euro Ens, 00z Euro/00z GFS. They said the NAM missed the position of the BC wave that was moving on shore which caused it to be too fast and not amplified enough. They said the Canadian was too fast. They even said the 00z GFS was likely too weak and too far East.

They finished off the discussion of our storm with this.

THE POSITION OF THE BLENDED 00Z ECMWF/GFS APPEARS
MOST USABLE...WITH THE STRENGTH OF THE 00Z ECMWF.

The WPC is going with a blend of the 12z UKIE/12z Euro Ens, 00z Euro/00z GFS. They said the NAM missed the position of the BC wave that was moving on shore which caused it to be too fast and not amplified enough. They said the Canadian was too fast. They even said the 00z GFS was likely too weak and too far East.

They finished off the discussion of our storm with this.

wow john, great finds! thats pretty dang exciting

With the evening runs, (and considering all are ignoring the Euro) I suspect MRX will hold with the WSW, possibly expanding it a few counties west in NE TN, and likely keep an sps/plan on a WWA for the rest of their CWA. 

My guess: Expand WSA to include NW Carter, Sullivan, Washington, and perhaps SW VA, while retaining SPS for the remainder of the Valley. O/U on counties without proper advisories in place at the beginning of the event: six.

My guess: Expand WSA to include NW Carter, Sullivan, Washington, and perhaps SW VA, while retaining SPS for the remainder of the Valley. O/U on counties without proper advisories in place at the beginning of the event: six.

They may go with a WSW for the entire CWA now that WPC has it all basically in the 4 inch category and the fact that they are now going with the Euro as their main model of choice.

MRX has majorly changed their tune for us down here over the next 12 hours...take a look at that!

The returns upstream look pretty impressive from just west of you all the way back to Memphis. Once the snow starts, and it should soon, I could see you guys picking up 1-2 inches of this first wave. Especially Southern Hamilton Co around the Nooga area.

The returns upstream look pretty impressive from just west of you all the way back to Memphis. Once the snow starts, and it should soon, I could see you guys picking up 1-2 inches of this first wave. Especially Southern Hamilton Co around the Nooga area.

That's exactly what I was thinking and hoping for. Personally, I think this thing is going too bomb out in the next 24 hours. I think we will get dumped on here. Very dynamic system which I think will be a little stronger and little more west than the forecasted path right now

What I was thinking. Just an incredible setup. At this point, I'll just stay up for the morning AFD. Hopefully it's out before 5:00 :lmao:

Sounds good! We can all stay up late with John! He never goes to sleep!

NAM is out to 30 and the precip shield is about to enter into TN. Doesn't look bad so far.

Archived