Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

closing in on another 24 hour event for MBY

.....and I just watched 6 mailboxes bite the dust on my block.....oops

Menard's and Lowe's better have truck loads of mailboxes headed toward their stores in the next month. I'd say close to 50% of the mailboxes in DeKalb county are toast this winter.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sometimes get aggravated when I see certain spotter reports...so a note to all....if you measured, and especially if you see a bogus report near you...call the NWS...they NEED reports! They were surprised when I told them we were over 8" thinking it sounded high, because they had very few reports from my area. And let me tell you...we had tons of 9" spots as well...and no old snow to drift (it was rock hard). A lack of reports never helps. And if you arent a "trained spotter", they will just put "public" or something.

It looks like downriver hit the jackpot. Had 8.3" of snow on 0.59" water. Simply unreal. This winter is simply UNREAL! DTW and Monroe had 8.0", with a report of 7.8" in Ypsilanti and 7.5" while still snowing in Woodhaven (per DTX facebook page). We had tremendous rates during the morning hours. Very drifty of course, calling depth 20". The winter scenes we have are now the craziest I can ever recall downriver, and yes, that includes 1999.

And you know it...here come the pics...

3837-800.jpg

3838-800.jpg

3839-800.jpg

3840-800.jpg

3841-800.jpg

3842-800.jpg

3843-800.jpg

cont.......

what's the story with that garage, stebo? you guys just abandon it back there for the winter.

Pretty much, it is full of stuff including a classic car (not mine). Although my brother stores his ice fishing stuff in there so usually there is at least a trail out there but he hasn't been out much this year because of all things the ice is too thick and fish aren't biting.

The Warsaw IN area seems to take the crown for top snowfall reports in the IWX CWA.

...KOSCIUSKO COUNTY...
2 SW NORTH WEBSTER 13.6 242 PM 2/05
1 S WINONA LAKE 13.0 1200 PM 2/05 STORM TOTAL
WARSAW 12.0 925 AM 2/05 STORM TOTAL AT 845 AM
4 ENE LEESBURG 12.0 154 PM 2/05
2 SW LEESBURG 12.0 1041 AM 2/05
CLAYPOOL 10.0 850 AM 2/05

Ended up with 4.5".

But it was closer to 5.5-6". Compaction and drifting, even a bit of zr hurt totals.

That 4.5". Brings the season to 35" for Belleille.

By far the snowiest of my lifetime since I just missed 1972-1982.

I am thinking 45-50" can be had

:huh:  So sounds like you had 5.5"-6"....you just have 4.5 OTG now

DTW, Adrian, and Monroe all came in with 8.0", plus two reports in and near Ypsi of 7.8", but looks like Im the winner with 8.3" lol. Its settling a bit, so think Im going to have to go 19" depth tomorrow instead of 20". The problems we face this winter :lol:

KTOL has you beat by .1"... They finished with 8.4" with this storm. Brings their total to 62.8"

KTOL has you beat by .1"... They finished with 8.4" with this storm. Brings their total to 62.8"

nice. Incredible year for toledo.

A little OT..but some were joking that KC's snowfall measurment was YYZ-esque. They had 7.9", and totals in their county ranged from 7.5-12". It does sound a bit low, but I dont see any reports over a foot there. There were isolated totals over a foot in some locations, but overall this was a very nice spread the wealth storm.

KC http://www.crh.noaa.gov/eax/?n=140204winterstorm

DTX

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/display_event.php?file=snow201402051519

Tacked on another 1.3" today, making this the 2nd DD storm (10.3") this season. Incredible.

Right on.  :thumbsup:

What is the season record for LAF and how much for this season so far?

60.0" is the official, unofficial record (at the West Lafayette COOP in 1977-78).

I saw a couple roads signs that bit the dust overnight.

Can't believe it's still snowing down that way!

MKX snowfall tallies. Looks like I was at least near 6".

yeah the flakes just hung on all day today!

Made  24 hours....think it ended up being close to 26 hours (flake to flake)... maybe for the 5th time this year...I should go back and read through the threads and see how many 24 hour events I had...

Menard's and Lowe's better have truck loads of mailboxes headed toward their stores in the next month. I'd say close to 50% of the mailboxes in DeKalb county are toast this winter.

good call....driving to pick up my son from school I saw many many more boxes either on piles, in streets, or just gone (these are the ones where I still saw the empty posts sticking up out of the ground....others are just completely buried)

Archived