• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

In all reality winter wx is fun but we need to cash in on some good rain events before the drier summer months come rolling in... we really haven't had much rain here in the last few months

True dat and plain rain makes up 90%+ of normal wintertime precip. on average in amounts for most nonmountain areas anyway (I'm not talking about % of events that are wintry or partially wintry), but plain rain still = evil til ~3/1 at least. ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a silly question. Is Atlanta considered east of the apps? There are really no mountains west of Atlanta, none of any significance anyway, so would Atlanta be considered more east or south of the apps ? Actually Atlanta is west in longitude of most of the app chain that goes all the way to the northeast, so maybe Atlanta is west of the apps?

I have a silly question. Is Atlanta considered east of the apps? There are really no mountains west of Atlanta, none of any significance anyway, so would Atlanta be considered more east or south of the apps ? Actually Atlanta is west in longitude of most of the app chain that goes all the way to the northeast, so maybe Atlanta is west of the apps?

For CAD purposes, ATL is obviously E not W of the Apps. There's no real barrier for a wedge to get down to ATL. It just depends largely on the strength/duration of the wedge to see how far west it gets with full strength. Technically, I'd call it SE. The key is the E in SE.

What a difference a week makes. Per local mets in upstate we are to be in the 60s for half the week (are today in fact) with lows never getting below freezing all week.  :axe:  Why, oh why couldn't we have last weeks cold with this weeks precip? Now that would be epic! Arrrrggh, the frustrations of living in the southeast  :weep: 

Don't look at weather channel much but have it on now.There's a reporter lady,Alex Wilson, at super bowl giving weather report. She says it nice and 50° but yet she has on gloves .Just strikes me odd to be wearing gloves at 50°.

How did she get the Super Bowl gig? She's only been there a few months. She was a local morning met here on Fox21

Don't look at weather channel much but have it on now.There's a reporter lady,Alex Wilson, at super bowl giving weather report. She says it nice and 50° but yet she has on gloves .Just strikes me odd to be wearing gloves at 50°.

Her and Mike Bettes had a discussion about that earlier. I forgot what she said, but they already talked about that.

Archived