• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

I HATE feeling like i am rooting against you as i would like to see you get in on some decent action as well.

no worries at all man..  I just don't want to be shut out..  couple inches would be nice and let those having a yr to remember add on..  I had my once in a lifetime winter in 2007..  man that winter seems just like yesterday but it's already going on 5 yrs.   Time zips on by especially when you're a old fart like me.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro basically shows  >4"+ N/of 696...<4" S/696

Just looking the Euro in depth, it is a bit too warm at the surface, the rest of the thermodynamic profile doesn't support 2m temps quite that high. It shows 34-37 when it should be closer to 31-34. Euro has been a bit notorious for doing this though. We shall see if it scores one on this, but I would lean a touch colder than what it is showing here in SEMI per this run.

Tried being optimistic with this system, but it's looking like trends are heading back in the wrong direction in the 11th hour as usual.  GFS/GGEM/and now Euro have ticked southeast.  Bumping my earlier 4-6" call back to 3-4".  Seasonal trends FTMFL here.

specially for you.... its been almost impossible to get excited for any event this winter so far.. seasonal and model trends are not ready to let up.   at least spring is peaking around the corner for you and hopefully you have amore chances to get out and win chasing.

specially for you.... its been almost impossible to get excited for any event this winter so far.. seasonal and model trends are not ready to let up.   at least spring is peaking around the corner for you and hopefully you have amore chances to get out and win chasing.

We need a classic KC/QC/MKE storm.  Seems like it's been a long time since we've seen one of those. 

I know. I was just sayin.

Good. Already enough tension in the air tonight. Mt. Orion never seems to have to sweat the precip issues lol. Had a feeling the usually amped NW NAM would act like itself soon. Should be interesting tomorrow. BTW your pic creeps me out. Friend got me hooked ont hat show few months ago and watched all the seasons in 2 weeks....."I got your restraining order right here. Restrain this". (Grabs Groin)

Bowling Ball ( west to east ) storms have been rare in recent years. Kinda sucks as usually many will get in on the fun..

hope i can sneak some at least mood snow out with the one next week one..  I loves hare the wealth storms even if im lowest on the ruler.   can't stand missing so close so many times but that's just the way it goes when in a relentless pattern.    Lake MI ice extending out pretty far now will do me no favors either with misses to the south...  sometimes even with a LAF special we can do ok with the lake added.. naso much now probably

hope i can sneak some at least mood snow out with the one next week one..  I loves hare the wealth storms even if im lowest on the ruler.   can't stand missing so close so many times but that's just the way it goes when in a relentless pattern.    Lake MI ice extending out pretty far now will do me no favors either with misses to the south...  sometimes even with a LAF special we can do ok with the lake added.. naso much now probably

I would not be to certain as far as the lake goes. Not yet anyways..  I kinda thought the same till last Sunday when the lake decided to share some real love here.

I would not be to certain as far as the lake goes. Not yet anyways..  I kinda thought the same till last Sunday when the lake decided to share some real love here.

Honestly I doubt near-shore ice really has that big of an impact.  I think a bigger problem would be ice extending way out into the middle of the lake.  Can think of a number of significant lake effect events that had ice near the shore...heck there was that one last week that dumped 2 feet on Lake county Indiana.

Honestly I doubt near-shore ice really has that big of an impact.  I think a bigger problem would be ice extending way out into the middle of the lake.  Can think of a number of significant lake effect events that had ice near the shore...heck there was that one last week that dumped 2 feet on Lake county Indiana.

Don't think north flow events are a great example. Still have most of the length of the lake to work with.. With west to east and vice versa we have alot less to work with already as is. But yeah obviously it has not had that great of a impact as i had feared YET.

Yeah i wouldn't be worried so much in lake county and the other side of the lake yet.. still getting good fetch and everthing doesn't have to line up perfect like for mke and then you throw in ice and marginal conditions. meh.

Still plenty to work with as far as a nne/ne flow goes.

Anyways.. Hopefully you score a few to freshen things up a bit.

The amount of near-shore ice has increased pretty dramatically since the Lake County event, actually, judging by the gif someone shared from the MKE office.

However, I vaguely remember my one prof who's pretty much the authority on Lake Michigan LES saying something about how some research has shown that even significant amounts of ice don't really hinder LES development as much as we might think.  If you're interested, I'll ask him if he has a paper about that.

Fun....  :popcorn:

Today: Cloudy. Slight chance of light snow late in the morning. Light snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the mid 20s. North winds around 10 mph early in the morning becoming light and variable in the late morning and afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. 

Tonight: Snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. Then temperatures becoming steady or slowly rising. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. 

Saturday: Sleet and freezing rain early in the morning...then freezing rain and rain late in the morning. Freezing rain... Chance of sleet...snow and a chance of rain in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Total snow accumulation 2 to 7 inches. Ice accumulation of one tenth to one quarter of an inch. Highs in the mid 30s. East winds around 10 mph early in the morning shifting to the southwest in the late morning and early afternoon...then shifting to the northwest late in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. 

Archived