Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd event

Brian5671

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it look too warm though?

Those 850`s are pushing towards the coast , look at the SLP  from 78 hours as its heading ENE , its pulling in colder air .

That warmth is what`s left of Sundays 50 degrees ,   The cold is pressing .The surface is cooling .

The 18z NAM looks like it is setup to deliver a heavy snow to the area. This snuck up on us, didn't it ?!

The Saturday system going so far NW over NY as it does and then continuing NE into Canada causes the trailing cold front to take ages to clear southeast and as a result the entire thermal boundary is not pushed that far off the coast and the ensuing system can then get close enough.

The 18z NAM looks like it is setup to deliver a heavy snow to the area. This snuck up on us, didn't it ?!

Hard to put any stock in the NAM. But it still might be worth watching. I noted a few days ago how a lot of the times it isn't events we track way far in advance that end up hitting up, but rather ones that were projected to miss us, and then suddenly come out of nowhere within 100 hours. Considering I wasn't even expecting a flakr out of this, an inch or two would be awesome.

Hard to put any stock in the NAM. But it still might be worth watching. I noted a few days ago how a lot of the times it isn't events we track way far in advance that end up hitting up, but rather ones that were projected to miss us, and then suddenly come out of nowhere within 100 hours. Considering I wasn't even expecting a flakr out of this, an inch or two would be awesome.

The same essentially applies to our severe t-storm / tornado episodes.

This could be a nice event if the track is favorable. This doesn't look like a moisture starved system.

Archived