• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Interestingly, this year is in between these two extreme storm dates. PD1 had extreme separation so that confluence could linger in Canada and underneath that the s/w could go negatively tilted. It was almost a spring-like s/w because of this separation. In 1996, the PV was very much involved in the dynamic.

On the modeling today, the southern wave comes out and partially interacts with the PV but stays separated enough out ahead, ending up between 2 PVs. Hmmm...

sometimes you scare me HM  :unsure:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, this year is in between these two extreme storm dates. PD1 had extreme separation so that confluence could linger in Canada and underneath that the s/w could go negatively tilted. It was almost a spring-like s/w because of this separation. In 1996, the PV was very much involved in the dynamic.

On the modeling today, the southern wave comes out and partially interacts with the PV but stays separated enough out ahead, ending up between 2 PVs. Hmmm...

Oh. The possibilities!! 

He is a nice guy and it is like crickets in Philly so he has no other place to post.

Other people talk about 10 day storms and no one bats an eye, I mention it and everyone loses their &@^$ minds ;)

To be fair I never said "this one is coming", I just point it out, the 3rd storm has a lot going for it. 

a very weak low goes to our west, but we still get thumped like 4-5"...that isnt really a flood..I'd focus on Monday and 2/8....wednesday looks crappy to me

NCEP is being so slow again. I'm out to hr 183 with a random 252 frame popping up.

Other people talk about 10 day storms and no one bats an eye, I mention it and everyone loses their &@^$ minds ;)

To be fair I never said "this one is coming", I just point it out, the 3rd storm has a lot going for it. 

Just change your location to Baltimore and no one will bother you. For some reason certain people in our region lose their mind when people from outside of it post. It is all good don't worry about it.

I'm not saying we won't changeover and there aren't risks but the gfs past 192 is more suspect on all fine details than its d5-8. It turns into an ensemble member and uses crayons instead of a sharp pen.

Very nice seeing the crazy precip shield. Backs up the euro op and EPS. I haven't seen the EPS have such a bug precip signal at long.leads all year. Good times

I'm pretty sure it depends on the way you talk about it.... as people have been gently suggesting to you, being! so! excited! so! often! makes your posts kind of a building caricature. Plus, the past two months have churned out >30" for you and <10" for a big chunk of this sub-forum. 

I'm pretty sure it depends on the way you talk about it.... as people have been gently suggesting to you, being! so! excited! so! often! makes your posts kind of a building caricature. Plus, the past two months have churned out >30" for you and <10" for a big chunk of this sub-forum.

There is nothing wrong with his posts!

I'm good wirh hberg. He doesn't troll ever. And he chases the big storms. He knows what to look for at long leads. We all know the vast majority don't pan out for anyone let alone at our latitude.

When he gets snow he doesn't jump in here and post obs and pics. Most importantly, Walt is one of my favorite tv characters of all time.

Archived