Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This alert was generated by the National Weather Service

EMWIN (Emergency Managers Weather Information Network)

from messages received by DaculaWeather.com EMWIN server.

NOUS42 KWNO 261323

ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE

NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD

1321Z SUN JAN 26 2014

THE 12Z NAM HAS STARTED ON-TIME WITH 13 ALASKAN...30

CANADIAN...71 CONUS...9 MEXICAN AND 8 CARIBBEAN RAOB REPORTS AVBL

FOR INGEST.

Of those 71 I wonder how much sampling was able to take place with the ULL just of the CA.

It's not just a few skewing it either. quite a few of  the members shifted west and wetter.

Whats interesting though from what you posted yesterday as well there is still that one member buries the mountains.

Considering where the ATL area was yesterday, I be pretty thrilled if the SREF mean came to fruition. I'm pretty close to the .25 line. Any further NW shift would really give us something good. I'm still pretty skeptical right now, though. Need to see the NAM and GFS come more NW.

Thanks for the play by play everyone!

Figured I would go ahead and show the 9Z RPM since it's within 72 hours now. The interesting thing is that it has the snow starting in eastern North Carolina Tuesday morning and fills everything in back to the southwest. That'll be something to watch. 

Snow totals through the entire run (72 hours):

post-1807-0-23588400-1390744604_thumb.pn

Here's a simulated radar when the snow/ice/rain cover the most area: 

post-1807-0-46681900-1390744659_thumb.pn

I am right at the sharpest part of the gradient. gfs gives me between 0.10 to 0.25. N. 30 miles northwest is almost nothing, while 30 miles southeast there could be 0.50 to 0.75. Nam is even sharper (and i'm right on the edge of accumulation. And that's the case all along the back edge. Literally the smallest of shifts either way will make or break it. . And that really goes for all of us right on the line from ga to nc. There will be some very heart broken folks no matter where it sets up while others are going to be jumping for joy just a few miles away. For those on the back edge, the good news is if we see a shift northwest comparable to what the 0z and 06z did, we/us will be in business. 

edit to say 09z sref looks like between 0.25 to 0.50 here.

Ugh I am so nervous. I haven't been this nervous in a long time. I feel like I'm 8 years old lol

A lot of company in that boat with you! 9Z Mean puts us Mnt folk in the game which we have been on the outside looking in so far.

Of course the NAM takes a big shift east with our digging energy from Canada.  Not as strong either. 

What hour you see?

Maybe. On the 18 it looks as strong just not as tightly wound.

The height contours are realtively unchanged... dont think its east. If anything NS maybe slower in Canada

QC, can you post that link?

This is the link for SREF plumes for Hickory. Click on the little dots to get other cities in the map below.  They just upgraded the site yesterday, I believe.  It looks a little different than it used to.  I like it.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20140126&RT=09&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=HKY&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=7&mLAT=35.42906773122139&mLON=-79.288746484375&mTYP=roadmap

Archived