CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@63 the NAM goes BOOM for almost everyone in GA. Anyone south of ATL though may be on that ice line.

I'm about 100 miles S of ATL. I hope ice means sleet instead of ZR. Would love to keep the power on. Yesterday, we appeared to be solidly in the snow zone. I'll wait until someone has soundings that can clarify.

Sadly CHS is all rain on this run. That snow line is about 50 miles west of the coast. This run came in very warm for you guys. I know NAM Surface maps are showing a ton of frozen precip but the regular SFC map looks too warm. 

We must be looking at different maps because cod shows it subfreezing in charleston. In fact i don't see much warming anywhere, at least on land vs the 06z run on cod.

We must be looking at different maps because cod shows it subfreezing in charleston. In fact i don't see much warming anywhere, at least on land vs the 06z run on cod.

You are correct. After about a half inch of rain thru hr 60, CHS goes below frz at 2 meters/sfc for the duration of the event when nearly 2" more QPF falls. Away from the immediate coastline, this could be a major ice storm.

um..its not really that much warmer at all...by Tues aft/eve the 2m 0c temp is from TLH to MCN and then its almost to I-10 after that...

Very strange. SV maps are showing that 850 line well west of CHS. Looking at the region map 2m line does appear to be good but thickness and 850's are not there. 

6dNr77C.png

Archived