Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commute home took 2hrs 15 minutes ... normal day it's 50 minutes. Accidents aplenty, heavy heavy snow, wind blowing the heavy heavies sideways. Awesome. I see vis at PWM was down to 1/4 mile. I'm surprised it was that good.

Got 1" on the ground at home, looked to be more like 2 or 3" in PWM when I was passing through.

Yep, 3 inches here northwest of Portland. Very impressive band of snow as it went through.

Commute home took 2hrs 15 minutes ... normal day it's 50 minutes. Accidents aplenty, heavy heavy snow, wind blowing the heavy heavies sideways. Awesome. I see vis at PWM was down to 1/4 mile. I'm surprised it was that good.

Got 1" on the ground at home, looked to be more like 2 or 3" in PWM when I was passing through.

Almost identical situation here. Took me two hours and it normally takes me 40 minutes. Major pile-up in downtown Portland caused most of the problems for me. It started snowing here about an hour later than PWM. I believe we have less than they do as well.

735pm edt update: 30f, heavy snows, winds are gusting in the 30s. Also 11" of snow on the ground now, 3"/an hour snowfall rates with that band that moved through the area.

Lucky. Now you can't complain if you mix/rain on this coming noreaster. :arrowhead:

735pm edt update: 30f, heavy snows, winds are gusting in the 30s. Also 11" of snow on the ground now, 3"/an hour snowfall rates with that band that moved through the area.

Wow....good for you!

Only .5" here around 7pm, but I'm satisfied with this; nice festive atmosphere and expectations were non-existent....nice little suprise.

23.9\21

S-

Archived