12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA and the MD Fringes - January Part III

MAG5035

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Band came through here pretty broken, didn't see very much additional from it really. Winds are really kicking up now.

That very heavy squall traversing the southern tier is coinciding with a small region of very high low level lapse rates of 8C/km.

post-1507-0-28131700-1390699575_thumb.gi

Thanks for the heads up.  I loved this radar and thought it was still down.

Allweather needs to give us a report

When I talked to AllWeather last (a few months ago) he said that the server replacement amongst the IT people over there was essentially "the last thing on their list" but it looks like it's back up now.

Ripping here in york pa. Waited all day. Hopefully that second squall makes it here also.

Two squall lines for you, and it looks like the middle of the main line is breaking up and the current trajectory takes the broken section to my location. Looks like the possibility of another Schuylkill County split...

The NWS really should have a weather warning for snow squalls...even if they can't cause damage a la flash floods and severe wx, they can be pretty ugly for travel...

They did put out alerts for the snow squalls but I think they are poorly relayed to the public since they are not a winter weather advisory or winter storm watch/warning that trigger alerts through media outlets

Had two periods of accumulating snows here today.  First was late this afternoon.  It didn't last too long...maybe 45 minutes and was light for the most part.  Picked up about 0.2" from that.  Then, around 9:30 the arctic front arrived with the squall line.  That was the heaviest snow and biggest flakes in a while.  Picked up 0.5" of very fluffy, highly crystallized and reflective snow.  Total for the day 0.7".  Everything is covered again with a small coating...even the bare spots that formed due to the blowing snow after last Tuesday's event.  I have to go calculate my seasonal total.  I keep forgetting to write down these events...lol.  I don't think I'm even up to 15" yet but we'll see.

So far tonight the GFS and the GGEM are alot flatter in the east late next week and beyond keeping us on the cold side of the gradient. GFS was active with storms too. Like I said last night, a high risk high reward type pattern looks to be emerging. If we can stay in the right place we'll be in the business of glacier building with what will probably be multiple snow/ice threats. Now we just need the Euro to get rid of that dumpster fire of a raging southeast ridge it had last night..although it seemed to be heading in that direction as well on it's 12z run today. 

So far tonight the GFS and the GGEM are alot flatter in the east late next week and beyond keeping us on the cold side of the gradient. GFS was active with storms too. Like I said last night, a high risk high reward type pattern looks to be emerging. If we can stay in the right place we'll be in the business of glacier building with what will probably be multiple snow/ice threats. Now we just need the Euro to get rid of that dumpster fire of a raging southeast ridge it had last night..although it seemed to be heading in that direction as well on it's 12z run today.

Euro verdict?

Archived