northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Jan 21-22 Coastal Crusher Discussion/Model Thread

earthlight

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So incredibly jealous it's not even funny. Enjoy this guys. If your going to take something away from the runs so far tonight, it's that there will be a large area of precip with an embedded death band that will wobble and tilt. This will ultimately crush many folks with 10-14" and leave other with maybe half that. attachicon.gifgfsNE_700_vvel_021.gif Using GS4 Tapatalk

Models are strongly arguing tonight for a big heavy snow band to sit along I-95 and maybe just SE for a time tomorrow night. Could be thunder and 2"/hour rates in that. I think some of us will see 12" from this.

Feeling very confident now that coastal areas have a good shot getting thundersnow. Not a weenie statement to figure that out, the banding is going to be insane on LI. 12"+ LI here we come!

Maybe but remember boxing day LI was supposed to get the brunt and the heaviest band set up west of NYC ..can always shift 20-30 miles more nw

Models are strongly arguing tonight for a big heavy snow band to sit along I-95 and maybe just SE for a time tomorrow night. Could be thunder and 2"/hour rates in that. I think some of us will see 12" from this.

Not only are the model images impressive but the soundings and bufkit show support for very heavy snow with tremendous lift within the snow growth region.

Somebody within the heavy bands is going to come in above snow forecasts I can almost guarantee that. 

Maybe but remember boxing day LI was supposed to get the brunt and the heaviest band set up west of NYC ..can always shift 20-30 miles more nw

Yup! I got really screwed on that one. That was a dissapointment, im hoping we actually cash in on the banding here considering LI and coastal are suppose to see the most snow

I'm really hoping my boss lets me go home early. The way this is forcasted it is going to be really bad for rush hour, not good. Maybe if we are lucky the nasty stuff will hold off until 7-8pm

I'm supposed to fly in from ATL at 1050am, hoping nothing is falling yet so I don't deal with it on the ride home

Yup! I got really screwed on that one. That was a dissapointment, im hoping we actually cash in on the banding here considering LI and coastal are suppose to see the most snow

The track probably still favors I95 s&e for the heaviest snow but hopefully areas further north and west get into the heavy stuff this time too

Look for the death band to set up around Long Branch and pivot westward as the storm bombs out. Wouldn't be shocked to hear numerous reports of thundersnow joining rates of 2"+/hr.

If we could have these lapse rates during spring, no one would ever complain about severe storms lol

Using GS4 Tapatalk

The track probably still favors I95 s&e for the heaviest snow but hopefully areas further north and west get into the heavy stuff this time too

Yup hopefully all wealth is shared but i got burned in boxing day, ended up with "only" 18" while colts neck got over 30", earthlight stole my show ;)

Paul you see a boxing day redux where west of LI ends up getting the heaviest totals while Coastal areas get stuck in subsidence? Happened then dont know if that would apply here ( serious question dont say weenie, not good at some of this )

Not BD at all .  Banding gona be hard to figure out , use the VV will gev u a good idea , like I said , this has you`re name on it .

and CN

time for bed for this guy….but for tomorrow evening the banding is going absolutely blitz on i-95 for a few hours…1-3 hr rates and thunder…get ready guys! Props to earthlight and isotherms for great insight with this pattern, those two are def going to be great forecasters..

Not only are the model images impressive but the soundings and bufkit show support for very heavy snow with tremendous lift within the snow growth region.

Somebody within the heavy bands is going to come in above snow forecasts I can almost guarantee that. 

What's your expert eye telling you as far as ratios go? Eclipsing 15:1 possible for even the most urban places in the area?

time for bed for this guy….but for tomorrow evening the banding is going absolutely blitz on i-95 for a few hours…1-3 hr rates and thunder…get ready guys! Props to earthlight and isotherms for great insight with this pattern, those two are def going to be great forecasters..

X2 on that brother! Maybe they'll ressurect TWC to its old glory days, one can only hope ;)

Archived