• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 21-22 Coastal Crusher Discussion/Model Thread

earthlight

You need new legs on that rocking chair sir.

Yeah the precip field was definitely better, despite the track of the low remaining the same, or close to previous runs. I guess my expectations were just higher after seeing the SREF.

It's not a nutty run of the NAM that gives us 20-30", nope....but then again the NAM gave me 2-3 feet last year and I ended up with 12". If it gives me 12" here and I end up 7-8, i really would be happy

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banding signal is becoming very impressive from Philly to NYC probably including parts of NE NJ. Someone that sits under this band is going to come in with 12"+ totals. Given the forecast soundings from earlier today which showed steep lapse rates, and the best lift within the snow growth region..I wouldn't be shocked to see 1-3"/hour rates in this band with isolated thunder. Worth noting this signal jumped 25+ miles NW since the 18z run. 

post-6-0-45297800-1390270394_thumb.gif

Yeah the precip field was definitely better, despite the track of the low remaining the same, or close to previous runs. I guess my expectations were just higher after seeing the SREF.

It's better than the 18z run was. The models in general are honing in on this being a significant event, but especially so for around NYC and south/east.

Maybe not for interior locations which is certainly why you seem to have a doubtful tone on your posts today. But for almost everyone else here, this is a great run.

i've been cautiously optimistic all day. I had pretty much written this one off as a coast only event and yesterday I got pulled back in. Still waiting for that one big run that gives me more confidence. I've been burned a lot in these setups.

Banding signal is becoming very impressive from Philly to NYC probably including parts of NE NJ. Someone that sits under this band is going to come in with 12"+ totals. Given the forecast soundings from earlier today which showed steep lapse rates, and the best lift within the snow growth region..I wouldn't be shocked to see 1-3"/hour rates in this band with isolated thunder. Worth noting this signal jumped 25+ miles NW since the 18z run. 

attachicon.gifnamNE_700_vvel_021.gif

Wow. Hate to say it, but for once SW Long Island looks like a good spot to be.

i've been cautiously optimistic all day. I had pretty much written this one off as a coast only event and yesterday I got pulled back in. Still waiting for that one big run that gives me more confidence. I've been burned a lot in these setups.

Go check out the high  res , you will cheer up

attachicon.gifnamNE_700_vvel_021.gif

Long and short of it: if band shoot north by 30 miles KNYC looking at EASILY 1 Ft. with lolipops of 15 inches with possible thundersnow. Lets not greedy. this time las tnight we would have all been thrilled with half of that

The banding could be beautiful if this is correct. Easily 12"+ totals for those within that band which according to many models will be over our region. Really cold storm too so it'll accumulate everywhere right away and no worries about rain/snow line. I prefer getting a few of these type of cold snow events than one temperature borderline (30-33F) KU to be honest. 

Archived