Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to watch how the orientation is of the low level baroclinic zone for Sunday. It's more NW-SE with the strongest WAA south of the sfc low with a westerly/WSW component to it which is why you're getting heavy snows in model land east and even ESE of the sfc low.

In most cases, this sfc low track wouldn't be the best for here

attachicon.gifgfsFLT_sfc_prec_096.gif

Not a fan of the trend for Sunday but I'm more focused on the early weekend system at the moment.  But even if it doesn't trend south and the northern track verifies, overall progression could be a little fun here with a quick burst of snow/rapidly increasing temps, a period of dripping and then falling temps. 

Yeah my fellow LAF-ites, that was rocking. The wall and waves of snow from the videos below are awesome. 

Snapped a couple of videos on the phone...about 5 minutes apart from each other. Couldn't take it too long, as my fingers were starting to freeze. :D

Chad had a half inch in 15 minutes.  Seems about right.

Yeah my fellow LAF-ites, that was rocking. The wall and waves of snow from the videos below are awesome. 

Snapped a couple of videos on the phone...about 5 minutes apart from each other. Couldn't take it too long, as my fingers were starting to freeze. :D

Don't be such a  :weenie: ! :lol:

That Dec. 14th event had E-NE winds.

The winds currently at Pearson are SSE 5 km/hr and at Billy Bishop Airport are ESE 5 km/hr.

Will see if they pick up from there southeasterly directions.

Winds aren't currently from N or NE direction.

Gotchya. I misinterpreted the "rare" comment to be in reference to Lk Ontario LES overall.

It has been snowing pixie dust at 1.5-2 mile visib for about 6-7 hours now and we certainly have over an inch....yet there have been very very poor if any reflectivities on radar. Interesting! Another sparkly winter night.

you get accumulating snow without radar returns. If snow was blackjack...you'd have nonstop 21s.

you get accumulating snow without radar returns. If snow was blackjack...you'd have nonstop 21s.

The Great "Toronto Snow-dome" has become so famous that even the Nam is now picking it up on its latest run.  :axe:

post-6644-0-68989500-1390445112_thumb.gi

Note, the surrounding regions receive 4-6"+ but the GTA is heavily guarded by the Anti Snow Dome.

It has been snowing pixie dust at 1.5-2 mile visib for about 6-7 hours now and we certainly have over an inch....yet there have been very very poor if any reflectivities on radar. Interesting! Another sparkly winter night.

It was a nightmare getting to the Michigan vs. Iowa basketball game tonight.

The Great "Toronto Snow-dome" has become so famous that even the Nam is now picking it up on its latest run.  :axe:

attachicon.gifUSA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_069.gif

Note, the surrounding regions receive 4-6"+ but the GTA is heavily guarded by the Anti Snow Dome. Flatter me really. F*ck this! 

I guess 10"+ events will be bidecade occurrences from now on

attachicon.gifUSA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_069.gif

Note, the surrounding regions receive 4-6"+ but the GTA is heavily guarded by the Anti Snow Dome.

That's the downsloping off the Niagara Escarpment. You can see the same phenomenon in NE lower MI with the higher elevation to the west.

Honestly, when there's a sound meteorological reason for the screwage, I don't get so upset. SW winds = no go for snow here. That's just the rules of the game.

Archived