Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 20-? Cold snap

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else had any house damage from the weather? We had a rafter snap in the roof under the snow a few weeks ago, now with the freezing/thawing, they shingles are leaking.

Gutters on one side of the house broke off from the weight of snow and ice on it after those two big storms earlier this month. I guess the drifts really built up on that side.

Wind chill not nearly as low as it was forecasted to be... School cancel fail :lmao:

Yeah same here. 

-33° was the coldest it got here.

I see pretty much all the WC warnings are down now. 0° now.

We briefly hit -34.  (We somehow snuck a -16 6-hour min in.)  But still, it really wasn't that bad.  Not that I'm complaining, but we didn't really need to close the university for two days.

Winds has gone calm and radiational cooling is in full effect.  NWS is busting on their low temp.  The forecast calls for -8, already -10 officially at the airport and -14 at my house.  Yikes.

Wow, it was still 1 degree at LAF at the top of the hour.  Curious to see the new ob.

Winds has gone calm and radiational cooling is in full effect. NWS is busting on their low temp. The forecast calls for -8, already -10 officially at the airport and -14 at my house. Yikes.

Wow. Just dipped under 0 at my place. Will be in the -20s by morning at the current rate

Archived