12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late January - Early February Pattern Discussion

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z DGEX throws the mid-week storm up the coast for a SECS from South Carolina to NE (not that it means much, but I guess it would be a best case scenario)

Has the DIGDUG ever been right for the right reasons at this lead? I don't even look at it unless it's posted. Its like a random weather map algorithm based on sports scores or something

On the flip side, 12z gefs was a big step from 6z with its members. There's a couple solutions that might do it and they seem to have different timing in the flow by a day or day and a half. I think 18z gfs was initialized with surface data from the wrong year. So I'm tossin it like the cras. Well, unless its shows snow. Then I'm in.

Has the DIGDUG ever been right for the right reasons at this lead? I don't even look at it unless it's posted. Its like a random weather map algorithm based on sports scores or something

On the flip side, 12z gefs was a big step from 6z with its members. There's a couple solutions that might do it and they seem to have different timing in the flow by a day or day and a half. I think 18z gfs was initialized with surface data from the wrong year. So I'm tossin it like the cras. Well, unless its shows snow. Then I'm in.

DGEX will be best known for its late JAN. 2010 prediction of 36" of snow on the ground at the end of its range, which was mid FEB, and all of us at Easternwx laughed....but it turned out to be right, of course 

12z EPS snow output still hangin on with enough members for wed-thurs (9 or showing at least 2") to keep it on the radar. Secondary models like the jma and dgex apparently keep it alive too. 18z gfs/gefs want nothing to do with it.

I suppose we have until Sunday night to get a clearer idea of the track if a storm even exists. I keep thinking back to all the previous cold pushes not being as deep into the south as modeled at medium leads. Especially with the gfs but the euro has done it too. No signs of letting up on this cold push so far. Folks in the deep south will be making a run on jackets and gloves. If I was young I would buy a few thousand pairs of cheap wholesale $5 winter gloves and sell them for 20 a pop from the back of a truck and have some minions set up some lemonade style stands in high traffic areas. If the cops harass I'd bribe them with free gloves.

Ah, I don't mess around wirh facebook much because I waste enough time doing others things already. If Iwas was on facebook I would troll his page incessantly until he comes back around this old self and things.

Another week without snow and he'll start to come around if not before.

getting a little nervous....the euro control shows about 4 storms after 192 hours. All 4 are cutters

since the euro control's fantasy storms never verify I'd say we're good

plus, don't forget how the Euro wants to wind everything up and the fast flow has been king this year

I'd say they're right where we want them  :weenie:

Actually, there is something to it.    

It's vastly different than the GFS.  But....everybody say it with me...it's the NAM @ 84 hours

Well the point of my post was to troll Icez for a sec... but the NAM at 84 did look decent with s/w... hope GFS comes up with at least one six tonight on the two dice

Archived