12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LOT radar returns went absolutely crazy over the last 5-10 minutes...20+ dbz over pretty much all of Cook County, except the far NW portion.  Perhaps it's slight orographic lift and friction doing its thing...

big blob of returns over the southern lake pushed WSW into the county...and has teamed up with the main thin band...not sure what caused that...

yeah....top 5 snow rate of the season ongoing

Lake effect is hard to compete with in terms of snowfall rates. A synoptic storm around these parts will never generate the type of snowfall rates you see in Lake effect snow. Back in 01 there were many times within a 5 day period of 4-6+inch per hour snowfall rates. Even this year we had 3-5 inch per hour rates. This storm dropped 7 inches of snow in 30 minutes. Not sure how true that is though. ^_^

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/lakeeffect-snowstorms-recent-and-historical

Lake effect is hard to compete with in terms of snowfall rates. A synoptic storm around these parts will never generate the type of snowfall rates you see in Lake effect snow. Back in 01 there were many times within a 5 day period of 4-6+inch per hour snowfall rates. Even this year we had 3-5 inch per hour rates.

"God throwing snowballs at you" rates

Ripping the hardest I've seen all season in Glenview. I'd imagine that visibilities are getting close to less than .25/mile. Outside of the LOT headlines, there hasn't been a lot of press coverage for this event. That's understandable, given the nature of LES but I bet a lot of people are gonna be surprised tomorrow if things keep going the way they are.

Archived