Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wish we had some reports out of Gary.  Talked to a friend who was driving west on 80/94 into Illinois and he said the eastbound lanes heading toward Gary were crawling.

Reed is in Gary saying a foot of snow there.  He posted some brief vids on his twitter account.

here we go

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  1130 AM CST TUE JAN 21 2014     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    1129 AM     SNOW             GRIFFITH                41.52N 87.42W   01/21/2014  E20.0 INCH       LAKE               IN   PUBLIC                          RELAYED VIA FACEBOOK  

here we go

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  1130 AM CST TUE JAN 21 2014     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    1129 AM     SNOW             GRIFFITH                41.52N 87.42W   01/21/2014  E20.0 INCH       LAKE               IN   PUBLIC                          RELAYED VIA FACEBOOK  

A couple awesome pics of the snow posted too! The report looks very solid

here we go

Awesome.

How's your mom making out? I know she's been on the outskirts, sort of speak, but anything exciting for a time there?

This will undoubtedly go down as one of the more epic LES events for Lake county IN.  There's been some that have produced around 2 feet in the past but it's pretty rare and I can't say I know of any LES events to produce over 2 feet...but given the isolated nature of LES it may have happened at some point.

I'd fully suspect that there are higher totals to the north of this location based on radar trends this morning.

Probably.  For those who don't know, all of Griffith is located south of I-80/94 and the heaviest returns have generally been north of the interstate.

Probably.  For those who don't know, all of Griffith is located south of I-80/94 and the heaviest returns have generally been north of the interstate.

I have a friend who works near Cline and Ridge on north side of Griffith but still south of 80/94 and he is stuck at work. Posted a couple pics and his car is almost completely buried. He didn't have a ruler to measure, but he is 6'1 and said the snow is a few inches above his knees!

Archived