Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last video from me, that I just took, I promise. Some solid action from about 1:00 to 1:50. With a bonus slow roller...wherever the hell they're going...

Is the car port pretty much, first come, first serve? Be nice to park under there.

Nice video.

Snow has became immeasurable at the end.

But I had 9.5-10" and then pulled another .27 liquid until 5 min ago. 

So I probably ended with about 14-15".  But to be fair to science I am going with 13".  Which is technically the second biggest in Belleville recorded history.  The biggest was 14.8" in 1982.  Ironically we actually got 20-30".  I have no idea how the totals from then were so underdone.  IT's quite embarrassing.  The totals were 25" then 13" 5 miles away. Much better reporting today.

Still I Know it was above 13".  There was just no way to get an accurate measure with the insane winds and powder.  Boxes or snow boards failed in this case.

Wow insane rippage. Nearly impossible to measure but my best guess is about 9" total. Or 1" or 3 feet depending on where in the yard you measure. I will be uploading pictures and a video shortly.

Just measured a few minutes ago and I'm close to 10" so that would fit pretty well with your report.  It's really a best guess at this point with all the drifting.

If you include the fgen band snowfall...possibly but unlikely.

Stepped outside. Snowing nicely but I was expecting more based on the intensity on radar.

Its really picking up in my area. Hopefully we can skew in some worthy snowfall totals, but so far January has started as a putrid month for us. Sucks!!

Temperatures will probably be above freezing for 2-4 hours before they crash.

Certainly not a blizzard by criteria/definition, but definite blizzard conditions at times here tonight. Some real whiteout type moments in the past hour or so. I think Tippecanoe county is the only one of the surrounding counties that hasn't banned travel tonight...which is asinine. There's no sense in anyone driving around in this city, let alone out into the rural areas....outside of an emergency.

this is going to go down as the biggest snowstorm since NYE 2007 for mby and probably exceed the totals from that storm

very exciting stuff

We shoveled the drive and deck off around 2PM. There was easily 7" of snow from last night/this morning. Since then, we have another foot of snow down and it doesn't look like it's stopping for several more hours. This is crazy! So, basically, around 19" and however much more this storm has left to dump on us. 

Was at 7" of cement last time I checked around 4:30pm, but it looked like I should be measuring more than that by eyeball.  Still coming down pretty good here.  I don't think we'll hit the magical 1', but we might get to 10".  Really glad we stayed out of the rain.  I would not want to see what would happen with rain-soaked snow on all of the tree, followed by a flash freeze and a high winds.

Some pictures:

Looking down the street.

Looking south down Brentwood in Muncie.

A view of the house.  The big pile is about 4' high.

View of the house

The most impressive part about this storm, so far, is how the snow is sticking to the twigs like this.  I've seen this with ice storms all the time, but I don't recall seeing this with straight snow.  A testament to how cement-like the snow is to this point.

Close-up of snow sticking to the tree

Snow sticking to the tree

Archived