joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are probably over 2" here, but not by much, and the snow is QUICKLY picking up in intensity.

We are right on schedule as far as Im concerned.

Through 18z (1pm), DTW was at 0.17" liquid having fallen

Taking a look at last nights 00z runs:

00z NAM: Total qpf: 0.86", qpf by 18z: 0.09"

00z GFS: Total qpf: 0.79". qpf by 18z: 0.14"

Heavy snow is moving in. We are doing fine.

It might just be that the northern suburbs and out towards Howell are just greatly overachieving. I just had a picture sent to me from just outside of Lansing with 11" new already. Going to be some very impressive totals out that way where last night's band dumped. 

Back to heavy snow at LAF. Getting some decent gusts now too. Near whiteout at times.

SPECI KLAF 052009Z 36015G22KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG FEW005 OVC009 M02/M03 A2971 RMK AO2 P0001 T10221033

I'm having a hard tiem seeing more than a few houses down the street.

It might just be that the northern suburbs and out towards Howell are just greatly overachieving. I just had a picture sent to me from just outside of Lansing with 11" new already. Going to be some very impressive totals out that way where last night's band dumped. 

It's just awesome right now! :snowing::mapsnow:

Definitely 10"+ down here in Hyde Park. Never seen 53rd street this bad before. Howling winds, blowing snow, and drifts up to 3 feet. Pure wonder

thanks for the report. I have a pretty good spot where I take measurements but it's pretty hard in the city. Feel more confident with you and ORD in the same ballpark.

Gosh you guys....pay attention to the forecast TIMES and amounts. Everything that has happened so far has been right on track!

But it's not snowing heavy now! #bust

Visibility here is probably 1/3 of a mile. Only the start of a several hour long battle of heavy snow and a WTOD creeping into Northern OH

Archived