Newest Member
    joxey
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subsidence, not a dry slot.

Nice dry circle pushing into southeast Michigan.  Nice dry bubble pushing into southeast Michigan.  Nice subsidence-caused dry bubble pushing into southeast Michigan.  Who cares?  It's there.  I'm pointing it out.  Deny it if you want to.

Was at 7" of cement last time I checked around 4:30pm, but it looked like I should be measuring more than that by eyeball.  Still coming down pretty good here.  I don't think we'll hit the magical 1', but we might get to 10".  Really glad we stayed out of the rain.  I would not want to see what would happen with rain-soaked snow on all of the tree, followed by a flash freeze and a high winds.

Almost a minor miracle both you and Indy (more so them) stayed all snow. Which is awesome. And I don't know...it's been pound town here with these last bands of snow. 10" at least is probably assured for you.

Well worth it :D Solid video.

No doubt about it.

We shoveled the drive and deck off around 2PM. There was easily 7" of snow from last night/this morning. Since then, we have another foot of snow down and it doesn't look like it's stopping for several more hours. This is crazy! So, basically, around 19" and however much more this storm has left to dump on us. 

we need to enjoy it because i doubt we get another one of these for quite a few years lol

Nice dry circle pushing into southeast Michigan. Nice dry bubble pushing into southeast Michigan. Nice subsidence-caused dry bubble pushing into southeast Michigan. Who cares? It's there. I'm pointing it out. Deny it if you want to.

Who cares you ask? Learn synoptic and some mesoscale meteorology and you'll see the difference. It's relevant.

Archived