01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a measurement up to 5" now

- It really is ripping here in Queens

Temp: 15.4 down from 18.1 @ 12

We have gone into another mode i last 10 minutes in Kew Gardens Queens ( u r right) SN+ with easily EASILY 22-25MPH gusting to near 40. Had difficulty measuring so took a jeb walk & easily can confirm 4in ( snowing now at 1-1.5 per hr). This will be 1 to remember. Jus ttook pix if you can tell me how 2 upload Ill do it

That would be such an orgasmic experience if it came true here. Do you happen to know the lowest temp in recorded history while it was snowing in NYC?

I think in 2004 we got pretty cold while snowing and in 96 but that would be a question for bluewave (hes the google of weather stats)

11.9º here by KMMU & I'll go as far as to say that it's ripping out there... despite the somewhat paltry returns (as compared to other areas) ... Just took a walk, downright nasty! I don't possess an anemometer here at the condo to provide a precise reading, but the winds have notably picked up in the past half hour. Visibility is absolutely porous.

We have gone into another mode i last 10 minutes in Kew Gardens Queens ( u r right) SN+ with easily EASILY 22-25MPH gusting to near 40. Had difficulty measuring so took a jeb walk & easily can confirm 4in ( snowing now at 1-1.5 per hr). This will be 1 to remember. Jus ttook pix if you can tell me how 2 upload Ill do it

Just hit more reply options and then attach at the bottom =)

The ratios are clearly not as good as anticipated, likely due to the winds, NYC's ASOS tends to hit the liquid equivalent head on and says only 10 to 1 as of midnight...LGA however measured .15 liquid as of 1am and maybe around 3.8 to 4 inches of snow, so they would be over 20 to 1 but my guess is they are not reporting the liquid amount right because EWR is 4 inches and .26 liquid.

Archived