joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the Central PA forum and radar once in a while-it could be good for us this storm. There's still some activity going on back there which should consolidate and intensify as it heads towards us. We're in this for I'd say 6 more hours (obviously less well west/north). HRRR tries to really hang an area of snow across Long Island around dawn and it basically snows itself out. This is looking like a system that won't just bodily pull east, it might just sit overhead and snow itself out because of the inverted trough.

appreciate the pics/updates. im from wall twp and always love keeping with the weather conditions up there[/quote

Thank you! I'm at my moms house for this one where I grew up right off Brighton ave and rt 18. Will go and measure and shovel again after my tea. Winds really starting to increase outside from what I can hear.

Look at the Central PA forum and radar once in a while-it could be good for us this storm. There's still some activity going on back there which should consolidate and intensify as it heads towards us. We're in this for I'd say 6 more hours (obviously less well west/north). HRRR tries to really hang an area of snow across Long Island around dawn and it basically snows itself out. This is looking like a system that won't just bodily pull east, it might just sit overhead and snow itself out because of the inverted trough.

Yea I was just looking at this too, the back end is still 6-8+ hours away

as of 1225AM, close to 4", .54" in the last hour.

we are really going to have to pick things up quickly for anyone to see double digits.

The next few hours should see the heaviest rates -- low is cranking and temps are dropping. 10" is still feasible for NYC though the 8-12" range is probably better -- the park will probably measure 9-10.

BTW -- watch out for the last band that comes through in the early AM, radar has it strengthening over PA, and with temps plunging, ratios will be great. Won't be over til it's over and the last hour or few should see a blip of very heavy rates.

For what it's worth....the sref has high chances of greater than 1"/hour snowfall over NNJ/NYC around 7am....it also clearly shows the heavier band focused over southern NJ right now, as it is. From what I can make of it....it seems the bands coming from the W and NW will move towards us as the storm pivots and moves ENE....interesting to check it out

For what it's worth....the sref has high chances of greater than 1"/hour snowfall over NNJ/NYC around 7am....it also clearly shows the heavier band focused over southern NJ right now, as it is. From what I can make of it....it seems the bands coming from the W and NW will move towards us as the storm pivots and moves ENE....interesting to check it out

Waiting for the heavy band here in NNJ. :snowing:

Looks incredible outside right now, wind increasing, snow blowing and falling at a good clip. 18 degrees here in Long Beach-should be down to 10 by dawn. It's drifting here pretty well, and I'm in a fairly sheltered location. Other areas further inland might not have as much wind-I'd estimate some 30 mph gusts. We're not that far from blizzard conditions now.

Archived