joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
01/02/14 to 01/03/14 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC is going to get close to a foot especially southern areas...backfilling and high ratios. The most disappointed in this storm will be farther west like NNJ and the Poconos. Coast winds again which has been the trend since '09.

Although the whole area has plenty of snow to go, you can see on radar how it's trying to concentrate the heaviest toward the coast. The jackpot will likely be Monmouth/Ocean Counties up towards southern Long Island based on trends so far. And models are trying to keep snow there for quite a while overnight. If the trough negatively tilts and we can have more of a return flow from the ocean, it could get quite interesting.

Estimating 2.5" outside now, snow blowing around more and more.

NYC is going to get close to a foot especially southern areas...backfilling and high ratios. The most disappointed in this storm will be farther west like NNJ and the Poconos. Coast winds again which has been the trend since '09.

So I guess you feel that southern brooklyn is not a bad place to be now. I'll take a foot.

For all those wondering....MANY stations under those extremely heavy echoes in SNJ are receiving freezing rain. It would be 2-3"/hour rates if snow, but it's not. These include the areas of hammonton east through AC

Was it forecasted to rain in these areas...if it wasn't, i would think the low is gonna be closer to the coast than previously thought...just my untrained opinion..

Archived