joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big Snow threat, what will it do, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM at 48h looks pretty similar to the NAM with the amped trough. I'm guessing the other 00z guidance is going to trend that way.

Is the RGEM a more reliable guidance than it's big bro' ?   I honestly don't know.  I only know that the GGEM is more useless to me than the NAM unless it is initializing.

It will be interesting to see the ratios...may be so cold it comes as 10:1 baking powder.

Temps in the mid-levels are warmer than the sfc over the interior. Just using CON as an example...the best omega with the overrunning precip is around H8 where temps are around -10C to -12C. When the secondary starts cranking the omega is between H8-H5 with temps about -12C to -24C.

More common around dawn than you'd think around here although I haven't seen it for a few years

I lived in Rockport Mass for a year back in 1984, and me an my now Met friend went down to the beaches at sun-up one morning when it was calm at like 4F or something, and it was one of the most spectacular things I had ever seen, with corpuscular rays slicing side ways through steam dogs, that rose some 50 foot or more, amid general disorganized shrouds of back lit steam.   I'm serious... you just like commune with the Earth in that setting. 

Kind of a newbie question regarding this model: This NWS Office has their own model ? And if so do all offices have their own model or if not how does BTV rate one ?

Anyone can run a WRF model if they want. We even have one here at AmericanWx that is a GFS-WRF. I need to get it upgraded and up and running again to send the GRIBs to Allan to get the maps up in the Model Center here.

I lived in Rockport Mass for a year back in 1984, and me an my now Met friend went down to the beaches at sun-up one morning when it was calm at like 4F or something, and it was one of the most spectacular things I had ever seen, with corpuscular rays slicing side ways through steam dogs, that rose some 50 foot or more, amid general disorganized shrouds of back lit steam. I'm serious... you just like commune with the Earth in that setting.

I've got some great photos from 04-05 I will try to find tomorrow.

Temps in the mid-levels are warmer than the sfc over the interior. Just using CON as an example...the best omega with the overrunning precip is around H8 where temps are around -10C to -12C. When the secondary starts cranking the omega is between H8-H5 with temps about -12C to -24C.

Oh interesting. huh. I just posted a it ago that I thought it would be harder to get aggregates in this -- still that's cutting it close.  

Archived