joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big Snow threat, what will it do, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly, I think that's becoming reality for south and east areas. Trend is your friend right now though.

Really hoping to cash in down here, you never know when your next snowfall may be in this area lol

Well said... I  am routinely pessimistic about decent snowfall down here  a couple of days out from an event.  Finally it appears we don't have to worry about boundary layer issues and should be NW of any coastal front development.  I'm a bit concerned still about suppression with the strength of the Arctic dome.  Storm is reminiscent of December 2009.....E CT, RI, SE Mass jackpot  incoming.....

To me its exactly what it did with the February system last winter and it kept doing it too til inside of 48 hours.

Yeah, I saw your post earlier about that Feb deal and agreed, but with all the ado I didn't get a chance to respond.  I remember that pretty vividly too, as well as in general with these fast flows.  It's like the model sees the statically fast flow as a jet max (maybe) and combines that with its "okay, if I have to" convective parameterization and there we go ...

Well said... I  am routinely pessimistic about decent snowfall down here  a couple of days out from an event.  Finally it appears we don't have to worry about boundary layer issues and should be NW of any coastal front development.  I'm a bit concerned still about suppression with the strength of the Arctic dome.  Storm is reminiscent of December 2009.....E CT, RI, SE Mass jackpot  incoming.....

This cold is so extreme that you'd probably be okay on the east side of the boundary... Probably be like the difference between 20's something maybe a 30 here or there, compared to the single digits just west of the boundary.

This cold is so extreme that you'd probably be okay on the east side of the boundary... Probably be like the difference between 20's something maybe a 30 here or there, compared to the single digits just west of the boundary.

I got sick of being on the 32.8 F paste /slop side of the boundary last year.  Couldn't catch a break last winter.  Even most of the Feb blizzard last year was above >32 F until the end... 

We just care about one global model really. Im also bangin some meso's as usual.

Nice to see ryan get more bullish tonite after sayin "meh" this am. 6-10 statewide is a solid event , i wouldnt go much higher in ct, unless there is solid evidence of a closer consolidated coastal that is not screwed by energy going its early.

someone explain what the heck is a "convective feedback issue"!

Can you please Google it?   really...it's ad nauseam to stroke the keyboard for that at this point, it's been covered so in depth.  There's plenty of literature that's easy to come by. 

Well said... I am routinely pessimistic about decent snowfall down here a couple of days out from an event. Finally it appears we don't have to worry about boundary layer issues and should be NW of any coastal front development. I'm a bit concerned still about suppression with the strength of the Arctic dome. Storm is reminiscent of December 2009.....E CT, RI, SE Mass jackpot incoming.....

Yeah, this area is tough. Usually there is always rain snow line issues, etc etc. this time that doesn't look to be an issue.

At this stage I wouldn't worry about it being shunted south. All models are trending in our favor. I think half a foot at least will be good for this area, with potential for much more.

Nothing is ever a lock obviously, but it looks good at the moment

Archived