Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big Snow threat, what will it do, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABC in Boston lead with a snow map roughly... 8-12 around the pike down to mid-CT, mid-RI, SE MA areas and 10-14 from Rt2 into S VT and SNH.  Pretty bold to be throwing numbers out already. 4-8 for those outside of those highlighted areas.

It's WxHype's world and we're just living in it.

ABC in Boston lead with a snow map roughly... 8-12 around the pike down to mid-CT, mid-RI, SE MA areas and 10-14 from Rt2 into S VT and SNH.  Pretty bold to be throwing numbers out already. 4-8 for those outside of those highlighted areas.

Ugh... I don't understand putting totals... unless you show all of New Eng and paint it with 2-12"

ABC in Boston lead with a snow map roughly... 8-12 around the pike down to mid-CT, mid-RI, SE MA areas and 10-14 from Rt2 into S VT and SNH. Pretty bold to be throwing numbers out already. 4-8 for those outside of those highlighted areas.

Pretty bold. Higher numbers are shifting south on models too. Who cares, in their minds they win, first to throw numbers out to public

Especially when they may well have the higher amounts in the wrong place.

Great day  up here....eager to get back for the cold and my brown grass.

18.,2/7 at the Pit.

He's too busy skiing and making forecasts for C VT

lol - I dunno. I feel good for at least a couple of inches on Thursday with the nice lift over the cold dome.

Beyond that it's a weird evolution. It's close to being big but I could see this easily sliding out to sea to our south. Pretty low confidence forecast for the "bigger" wave. Euro Ensembles verbatim are good but have trended south from 00z - not sure if that trend continues or not. 

Not to be a weenie which of course I am but I think this 18z run is very similar to what Feb 13 looked like on the GFS 3 days prior. As far as progressive is, note the flow blocked up temporarily, classic way to get a slowdown. Long duration seems to be in play JMHO

Steve ... toss the run.  It's wrong.  

Tip, we did reference that. It looks funny for sure. I like how as the parent low exists..it gives birth to a new one west of it. It also should be noted that the parent low was a shift SW from 12z. So perhaps in the stages of correcting?

Correcting towards what?  A continued trend south?

Archived