12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be interesting to see who is right, GYX going 14-18" for PSM, WMUR going for 6"

Like Chris said...GYX is closer to the 14" in the 14-18" zones and my hunch is he'd prefer it less than < 14", but I won't put words in his mouth. I think I like a blend of the 2.

No putting words in my mouth, I would definitely be taking the under on 14" for what it's worth. I would think more like 8ish for PSM proper, and the higher totals closer to a foot I would have closer to the higher terrain in Strafford County.

Euro still all snow at 6z for many areas... but then a hellacious thump of ice for some 6z-12z. 

Ryan--how does that pinging look for up this way?  I'm guessing by the time the 18z run comes out, I'll be down to 5-7".  :)

latitudinal gradient FTW.

How does it look for the Concord area?  (I'm being pressed for information. ;) ).

yeah i think there's a legit icing concern. assuming the low levels don't scour out like guidance is showing, i think there's little stop the 9h to 8h layers from warming...but how does the interior spots like BDL go from 15F to much more than 30F?

Doubtful HFD or BDL go above freezing. It's going to come down so hard though I think there won't be a big ZR issue on trees/power lines though. 

Holy crap are you serious?  

That signal is really becoming stronger.  

I doubt icing will really become a serious issue... seems like SN to PL to ZR and all of it is coming down very quickly. A lot of the precip that falls as ZR may not be able to accrete. Slower rates seem  to work better. 

I doubt icing will really become a serious issue... seems like SN to PL to ZR and all of it is coming down very quickly. A lot of the precip that falls as ZR may not be able to accrete. Slower rates seem  to work better. 

it is a Sunday but the main concerns would be more travel than power outages/damage...I would think 

It is just hard to do when you're only looking at like 3 hours of +FZRA. 

Would the timing being at night as opposed to the day make any difference at all?  Wasn't that one factor in 2008?  (Not trying to say we are going to see that or see any major impacts from any icing).

Technically though, like less than half of the total QPF went into ice accretion. There was just so much liquid equivalent that even half of it going to ice was still an inch of glaze.

Yeah that's true...and thankfully more of that didn't accrete 

Archived